Setting up Sydney Pro

I recently purchased the Sydney Pro theme after spending a little bit of time with the Sydney free version.

When I made the purchase it downloaded the ‘sydney-pro-ii’ file. My question is what is the next step? How do I get these features onto my website? I’m specifically interested in the WooCommerce integration.

This is my first attempt at building a website with WordPress so please excuse the novice question.

My website is CompletePatriot.com.

Thanks for your help.

Hello there,

Thank you for the purchase. The next steps are:

1. Install and activate the Sydney pro version
  2. Go to Appearance > Theme License to activate the theme license
  3. Syncing customizer. Please refer here

> I’m specifically interested in the WooCommerce integration.

Integrating with WooCommerce would be easy; there is no special configuration with Sydney Pro. Please refer here.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

Thank you for the fast response.

I have figured out how to sync the custom settings over to the Sydney Pro versions.

However, how do I install and activate the Sydney Pro version? Currently there is just a ‘sydney-pro-ii’ folder sitting on my desktop.

Thanks.

Hello there,

Compress or zip the sydney-pro-ii folder. Login to your site admin area, then go to Appearance > Themes > Add New > Upload theme > select and install sydney-pro-ii.zip

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

Thank you for that. It worked great and I now have Sydney Pro installed and activated.

One final issue, I followed the instructions for transferring my customizer settings from Sydney to Sydney Pro. When I try to upload the file back into my customizer I get this error message:

‘Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.’

Do you know why this error is occurring?

Hello there,

Thank you for reporting the issue.

Could you please give me a temporary access to your site admin area so I can have a closer look? You can send the login credentials to my email kharisblank at gmail dotcom with the link to this topic. Please attach the file you tried to import.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

I have emailed you with the info.

Thanks for taking a look!

Marked as resolved. It handled over email support.

Hi, I also have the same issue. Your solution didn’t tell me how you resolved the matter. please elaborate.

Never mind. I tried to install the demo content via the customiser instead of wordpress import tool.

Thanks for this forum… this helped me out.

Hello there,

I am having the same issue that when I import and upload from Sydney to Sydney Pro I get this message:

Sorry, this file type is not permitted for security reasons.

How will I be able to Import correctly.

Hi There,

I am new to Wordpress. I builded my website on demo version of Sydney and now want to add features to the theme so i bought pro version. But now i am not sure how i can activate pro version on my Wordpress without loosing the work what i did already on demo version.

Please advise.

Thank You

Hello Tariq,

You can easily transfer all the site configurations you’ve done through the customization panel (Appearance > Customize) with the Customizer Export/Import plugin. Read this documentation for more complete instructions.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi

My site: http://www.chcheck.co.uk/sal/

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong but my site’s woocommerce product display is nothing like the screenshot advertised with sydney pro upgrade page (https://athemes.com/theme/sydney-pro/) and i’m still struggling with the layout integration (which was why i upgraded in the first place). I already upgraded but my products are in a list with small thumbanils and don’t sit in the grid layout that I have on my other website (https://thingstodocapeverde.com/product-category/land/)

Can you please let me know what i’ve done wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Hello there,

The last link you shared is actually a product archive page which is similar to our product archive demo.

> I already upgraded but my products are in a list with small thumbanils

In order to create a shop page, create a new blank page and just leave empty the editor box. Save it. Be sure it’s publicly published. Navigate to WooCommerce menu > Settings > click on Products tab > Display. Select your shop page under the “Shop & product pages” section.

Regards,
Kharis

Ok I know how to do that but is there a way to add a catagory to an existing page as I want the catagory section underneath other product type information?

Hello there,

Try using this WooCommerce shortcode:

[recent_products per_page="12" columns="3"]

To insert it to your page, you can use either Text or SiteOrigin Editor widget. For SiteOrigin Editor, it requires the Widgets Bundle to be activated.

You might be interested to check out other available WC shortcodes here in this documentation.

Regards,
Kharis

As usual Kharis your advice is perfect. Just one thing, is this only going to show ‘recent products’?

If I want to show a specific catagory of products do I update the code to say the product catagory name?

One catagory is called ‘packages’. Could you give me an example code with this included? I am not sure I will write it correctly…

This is the page, in case it helps: http://www.chcheck.co.uk/cultural-tour/