Setting specific Row transparent

Hey guys,
First of all: Great theme! So happy that I’ve found Sydney.
Apparently I’m too dumb and the search-function couldn’t help me either.
Please check http://www.hymmj.de

I’m trying to set the 2nd row (the one with the Social Media Icons) transparent, so that it hovers above the Header image.
Can anyone help me? Tried to set the rows in the page builder as transparent and tried custom CSS (inside the aditional CSS in the Customizer), but both didn’t work…

Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Hi,

Unfortunately that is not possible by simply setting the row background to transparent, because all rows are outside the header area, so they won’t be over the header image if you set their background to transparent, but you can do have the social icons inside the header area with this Custom CSS:

#pg-47-0 .panel-row-style {
    background-color: transparent !important;
    position: absolute !important;
    bottom: 0 !important;
    left: 0 !important;
    right: 0 !important;
}

Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hey Csaka,

Thank you very much! That helps already.
Two further questions though:
1.) I don’t want it to appear on the Header itself when I first load the screen, but rather have them scroll in (like an empty, transparent row). Any ideas how to do that?
2.) Maybe this is the wrong place to ask this, but the Icons seem to be slightly right-sided. Any ideas why this might be the case?

Thanks again! :slight_smile:

Hi,

1. This may require some custom coding ( javascript ), with that unfortunately we can’t help.

2. Can you, please clarify / post a screenshot where it can be clearly seen, so I can check why is that.

Best Regards,
Csaba