Serving scaled images from Projects to Sydney FP: Portfolio

Hello Everyone!

I have tried to research this, but with no luck.

I get this error message…

http://www.lafayettehillremodelers.com…480x320.jpg is resized in HTML or CSS from 480x320 to 218x145. Serving a scaled image could save 37.0KiB (79% reduction).

It is the same for all of my project photos. All of my projects are the suggested size. (700 x 467). I am thinking it is because there are actually 3 sizes for the same photo. One for the FP: Portfolio (which is the 218 x145 size), one for the archive projects page, and one for the project post.

Please help!

Thank You-

Hello,

I wouldn’t reduce that size in order to be sure that it looks good on high resolution screens, but you can try to reduce sydney-mas-thumb size using Simple Image Sizes plugin if you don’t worry about high resolution screens. You can check this topic for more detailed instructions:

Also you can check these links to learn more about this issue:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the quick reply!
I am not sure I understand. I am using the sizes that the theme suggests. I don’t want to change the size, I just want the theme to call for the right size rather than using HTML or CSS. I don’t think the resolution should be affected going from 480 x 320 to 218 x 145.

I still need all 3 sizes because the picture is used in 3 different ways. Is there a way to assign the right size to the FP: Portfolio so it doesn’t have to call for the bigger size and use HTML or CSS to make it smaller?

Appreciate your help!

Okay, long story short, I think that in this particular case thumbnail size is okay. Because when you will do what you described you might mess the layout even on Full HD resolution.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman!

How can I assign the right size to the FP: Portfolio so it doesn’t have to call for the bigger size and use HTML or CSS to make it smaller?

Hello,

You should change sydney-mas-thumb size, please check my first answer of this topic.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Thanks for responding. I apologize for my lack of knowledge and don’t mean to be bothersome.
It must be hard for you not to lose your patience. :wink:

As you already informed me it might not be a good idea to change sydney-mas-thumb sizes. So of course I will listen to you.

Just a thought…I found this-

So I was wondering if there is a way to assign the sydney small thumb (230) to the FP: Portfolio since it is a size that is already generated.
I’m thinking the portfolio widget size of 480 is resizing using HTML or CSS to the FP:Portfolio size of 218.
This is the only issue. All the other images are sized perfectly.

I hope I make some kind of sense. Let me know what you think.

Thanks so much!!!

Hello, that’s okay. I understand that you just want to make it as good as possible :slight_smile:

First, please note that on my Full HD monitor that project thumbnails are 382px wide.

And I don’t think that there is an easy way to assign sydney-small-thumb size there.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hey Roman,

You are the best!

Because I don’t know what I am doing, I am afraid to mess with code.
If I change the sydney-mas-thumb to sydney-small-thumb in the widgets/fp-portfolio.php , will it affect anything else? I would do this in the parent theme as I don’t know how to copy this file to the child theme.

Again, I will wait for your answer before doing anything!

Thanks as always!!!

Hello,

Well, it might meet your needs. But you would have to repeat this modification after each theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I understand. Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Holly

You are welcome Holly,

Kind Regards, Roman.