Services widget not showing on front end

Hello everyone!

I’ll start by saying that I am not a very experienced website builder… Almost a year ago, I made a website for my mother’s practice - it was the first and only wordpress website I made, literally by following the manual. (This is it: http://kine-osteo-fascia-ukkel.be)

For a year it looked perfectly as it should. Nothing had to be changed, so I have barely touched it for a year.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to update some info. While I was at it, I did all the updates WordPress asked me to do. And since then, the two places where I used a ‘Services Widget’ have become blank spaces. (It’s the place on the page where you go to when you click on one of the two links under ‘Behandelingen’ in the menu.)

In the back-end, everything looks correct, it just doesn’t show on the website itself… Luckily it is not the most crucial info, but it is not as it should be… I have tried to fix it myself multiple times, but no luck…

Does anyone know what I could do to fix this? The help would be much appreciated!
Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,

It seems like the blank space is actually a Services Type B widget. Please check the widget’s setting in the page builder; see if the service category slug matches with existing one. Also please check your service posts are publicly published – neither password protected or private.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharis,

Sorry for the late reply… I finally found the time to properly try out what you said…

You are definitely on the right track: if I empty the slug-space in the widget, on the website all services appear at the same time. Also the ones that I do not want to appear in that place. But when I put the slug back in place, it becomes blank once again. So the problem is indeed with the slug.

The weird thing is: the slugs I use seem correct… I have 4 different types of slugs (type-a, type-b, type-c and type-d), because: 2 different types of services, and the website is in 2 different languages. The slugs I have used in the services (which I found in Services > Categories) are the same as the ones I used in the widgets on the pages… So as far as I can see, I am doing everything right…

I have also checked, like you said, if the service posts are published. They are! Not password protected, and not private… Any more ideas?

Thanks a lot for the help!

Regards,
Jonathan

I found it myself! It was because of the update of the polylang-plugin… They now only show services if the language of the category is the same as the language of the page… And I had not set languages for the categories… Thanks for the help, without you giving me the first clues of where to look, I would never have found it!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis