'Services' page

Hi,

When starting out with the sydney theme it seemed there was a default ‘services’ page among the pages. I would like flexibility in making my own ‘services’ page and a ‘services’ permalink associated with my new services page but it seems the original one is what is presented when you type the full domain (selfcareeducation dot co dot uk / services). I am not sure how to track this page down and remove it. I simply want to be able to create a new page with the permalink ‘services’ and redirect it to the two key services I present (these can be seen at the bottom of the site and on the menu).

Can I please have some help in locating where the original services information is stored and how to remove it from the index so I can start with a new services page?

Thanks for your help!

Hello there,

I am afraid that there is no way to do so. You can’t use services permalink slug to any page. Because it’s already set to the Services post type by default. Meaning that visiting selfcareeducation dot co dot uk / services will always direct to the archive page of the Services post type.

To create a new services page, use other slug name than services, for instance, our-services.

Regards,
Kharis

OK, thanks for your prompt response and suggestions. I will try to make it work.

How can I get a particular “service” to be pointed to from the main menu under “services”. Notice on my page how the two links for “Fixture Design” (on under “Services” in Main Menu and the other under “Services” widget) take you to two different places.

http://x4h.388.myftpupload.com

Hello there,

From your site admin area, visit Appearance > Menus; expand the Screen Options located at the top right of the screen. Then check on Services.

Now in the left box of menu types, you can choose your services to your active menu.

20%20PM

Regards,
Kharis

That did not create the desired effect. How can I have a separate page for each of the services (for more details of each service) and then point the link to that page?

Thanks.

Hello there,

Try this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/page-links-to/

Then you should manually set custom link for your service in the “Page Links To” box in the service editing panel.

Regards,
Kharis