Services page

I may have found a minor bug:
After the service types are created, the list could be accessed from the link http://yoursite.tld/services.
This page has the title “Archive” instead of “Services”.

It would really be a great enhancement if the services could have the hiperlinks to the corresponding pages.
It would also be great to add the featured image to the service page.

Thank you for your feedback.

The Services page title is not really a bug, it’s just something that we didn’t took into consideration because the services were meant to be just short descriptions displayed on the front page. So the Services page title defaults to Archives because there isn’t anything else set. The same thing applies for hiperlinks, they don’t exist because the services are not meant to lead anywhere.

For the services featured image: you can go to Types > Types&Taxonomies > Edit the services post type and activate the thumbnails.

To answer the question about the footer links from your other topic: the footer links use the default link behavior that we used in Moesia, which is to underline on hover. You’ll notice that the links that only change color are internal links.

Anyway, thank you for your suggestions, we’ll take them into consideration for the next update.

Regards,
Vlad

Hi Vlad,
Thank you responding to my post.

Could you suggest any quick and easy fix to the “Archive” header issue.
Just hiding it would be fine for now.
I am a total noob, but I may be able to figure it out myself if you just point me to the right file.

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that I am very much impressed with your work. Chapeau!

No need to hide it, it’s quite easy to display it as you want.

Go to the theme and find the archives.php file.
Find this part:

if ( is_category() ) :
   single_cat_title();

Add this right below it:

elseif ( is_post_type_archive() ) :
    post_type_archive_title();

Works as a charm.
Thank you.

Is there any way to get rid of the service icons? I want to use my own custom images without the icon “dot” still being there.

Also, to order the services not in alphabetical order.

http://almeno8studios.com
Thanks

Sure, add this at the bottom of your stylesheet:

.service-icon {
    display: none;
}

We’ll make that circle hidden in the next version if no icon is set.

The services are not in alphabetical order, they are shown in reverse by date. So that Creator service should be the last one you’ve added. Is this not the case?

In the future, please open your own topic so we can keep answers organized.

Regards,
Vlad

Correct, I want it to go Shooter, Editor, Creator

This is surely a noobie question, but which is the stylessheet?

I apologize for not making a new topic, I just saw Service heading and thought I should write in here.

Thanks!

The easiest way to achieve this would be to copy the content from shooter and editor and delete them keeping only creator. Then publish editor and after that publish shooter.

The stylesheet is the style.css file. If you go to Appearance > Editor it’s the file that will get opened. Simply scroll at the bottom of that file and add the code I gave you above.

Worked perfect! Thanks!

I want to hide the “archives” title permanently. I can make the change to the php file within the moesia page template however I want to add the pieces I need to my custom css so that everytime I update theme, it doesn’t go away. Which pieces of code do I need to add to my custom css?