Services Page

Let me first say wonderful Sydney theme! I have a question and I hope this makes sense. After I create my 'Services" page the way I want and click on publish, I get a totally different outlook for my website. When I decide to edit the “Services” page and save it under “Drafts” then click on Update, I get the exact page that I created. The widget that I am using for this part of the Services page is Sydney FP: Services Type A. I wish I could upload pictures to this post so someone can see the issues. If there is a way to upload pictures, please let me know. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks

1 Like

my website is www.lightswitchllc.com Once you are there, please click on the Services page.

Hello @lightswitchllc,

Yes, you can add screenshots here, please do so. You may upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

ok Roman here are my two scenarios:

1. Here is what my “Services” page should look like, but only works as a draft.
    www.lightswitchllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/correct.png

2. Here is what my “Services” page looks like when it is published…which I do not want.
    http://www.lightswitchllc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/incorrect.png

Hello @lightswitchllc,

I have just checked your website, but I’m getting Page not found error when I click on Services menu item. Can you please check the link?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I had my Services page in draft status. I just published it and should work for you now.

Hello @lightswitchllc,

/services/ is reserved slug for services archive page, that’s what you see.

Please try to rename it to something like Our Services and/or change the slug (permalink).

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like

Thank you SO much Roman! It worked!

You are welcome @lightswitchllc!

It’s great that it worked, have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

By the way, it would be nice if you leave your feedback for Sydney theme on WordPress.org, here is a quick link :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like

This is the other part that was confusing (the reserved URL) and I made a few mistakes with this. And this gives me the opportunity to say two more things:

1. Sydney is a great theme, thank you athemes for this!
  2. @Roman is doing great work with the forums, thank you for this again!

You are welcome! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.