Services page not displaying correctly

Hello,

I recently moved my site from one host company to another. I used Duplicator. Mostly the site cam eover ok but now I cannot get my Services page to display correctly. As you can see from the graphic below I have three rows of site builder widgets. The Services A and Services B are meant to display different services as per category and slug. That is, some services below to category S1 and others S2 and I am using these categories as alternate slugs for the A and B widgets.

Yet, on the web at http://www.thatphdguy.com.au/services/ I get a page of all services. The top wording, in the Editor widget does not display either. Lastly, the tab name on the browser for services is "Services Archive - " which I can’t recall being the case with the old install.

Any ideas on what might be going on?

Thanks a lot

services

Sorry, neglected to include the image.

Also, just tested the permalink - if I change it to services-2 the page displays better i.e. with the three rows.

Have set up a demo for you. Click on Services in the menu of the site I provided

Then change the 'services" page to “oldservices”

Perhaps there is some internal conflict with ‘services’?

Hello @robbypreston,

/services/ slug is reserved for services archive, that’s why it works when you change permalink. So if you are trying to create a page, then please use another slug for it, for example /our-services/.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hmm

Services worked fine on my previous site.

What is “services archive” anyway?

I didn’t see anything in the documentation that suggested “services” is reserved.

Thanks

Hello @robbypreston,

It’s a WordPress feature, so it’s described in WordPress documentation, please check this link:
https://developer.wordpress.org/themes/template-files-section/taxonomy-templates/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I have a real issue with not being able to call my Services page Services. Having a menu items that says ‘Our Services’ changes the tone of the whole relationship with visitors and means I have to change all menus and all written content to fit that relationship tone.

I am not exactly sure what you mean by ‘Services Archive’ but I assume it’s a means to display all of the Services created? Reserving a name for this function is one way to write the template, making the name configurable seems another logical approach. I vote for the name of the services archive to be configurable.

So, I’d like to request, if at all possible, a way to change the name of services archive so as to free up the name ‘Services’ for use my services page please.

Thanks a lot

Sorry, I missed your last post. I understand now what you mean by the services archive. My point above remains; I need to use the word Services as the name and permalink page for my site. How can I make the change please?
Thanks a lot in advance
Warm regards

I think I’ve sorted out a way to resolve this Roman. But still very much interested in how you recommend I go.
Cheers

Hello @robbypreston,

I don’t think that there is an easy way to rename it. It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman, I understand.

I think the surprise for me was that I had it working i.e. a page named Services that did not point to the archive, on my old site. This restriction only became apparent when I moved the site to a new provider. Interesting.

This is the only issue I have with Sydney Pro, otherwise I find it to be an excellent template. So, thanks for your help and for the product.

Cheers

You are welcome @robbypreston,

Kind Regards, Roman.