Services only show headings not content/description

I am using the Sydney free version. I have created services in the admin area and have added them to the home page using the page builder. However, I am having the following issues:

1. Only the icon and heading appear. The short content I put in the Service item doesn’t appear.
  2. If I attempt to use the styling, it only adds that as a bar of color above the icon.

Maybe I have the incorrect Page Builder plugin installed. It is the Page Builder by Site Origin plugin.

I’ve tried shutting down plugins to see if that resolves the issue and it does not.

The URL for the site is www.soonerwireless.com. However, it is under construction so you will not be able to see it live if you are not logged in.

I would also like to know how I tell the system which services to show…I will be creating other services to be shown on our ‘Other Services’ page and I don’t see an easy way to make the distinction in a block for which ones I want to appear on the page.

Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated as we would like to have the site live no later than Tuesday ;~)

Warm regards,
Tracie L. Church

Hello Tracie,

1. Please let me know when your site is live and I will try to help you with your services issue.

2. You can categorize your services and show certain category in one widget, and other category in other widget.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman ~
Here is a screen shot of the front page with the services items. Front Page Showeing Services Items

Regarding item number 2, I assume there is a way to indicate different categories seeing as how you are able to indicate them. However, when entering a widget into the page builder I see no way to specify this. Below is a screen shot of the form I see when I enter a widget into Page Builder:
Screen shot of form to enter widget into page builder

If you can kindly let me know how to indicate which category I want to appear in which widget, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tracie L. Church

Hello Tracie,

1. I have to inspect the source code of the page with browser tools to find the issue, I will be able to do that only when your site is live.

2. You have to enter category slug into Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show all services. field in order to specify particular category.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for the category solve! I overlooked that field.

I will have the site live in the next 48 hours and will let you know when I do that so you can take a look.

Thanks so much again!
TLC

Okay Tracie,

Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

I am struggling with the Services page not showing the slugs I select.

For instance, if you go to my Services page (http://www.quotenergy.com/services/) you see all services regardless of category. Even though in my Syndey FP: Services Type B widget I have slug “type-b” selected, which only has 3 entries and I selected 1 column and 3 show.

What is going on? Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

/services/ is reserved slug for archive page.

Please try to change your page’s permalink and see if it helps.

By the way, it is better to create your own topic for your question to keep forum in good order.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,
I have a similar issue. On the Testimonials page of my back end, I have added Alice Kilner as a testimonial, however, she doesn’t appear along with the other long list of testimonials. Not sure why, but I can’t seem to figure out what is wrong. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hello KPxcultural,

Please create a new topic for your question to keep forum in good order and provide a link to your website.

Kind Regards, Roman.