Services Link URL in new tab

Hi there,

How does one make a Service link URL open in a new tab? My Services links are links to other websites hence the requirement to open in a new tab.

Thanks

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

In order to achieve that objective, could you please try to do the following?

1. Install and activate the Header and Footer Scripts plugin
  2. Go To Settings > Header and Footer Scripts panel
  3. Paste the following code into the provided Scripts in footer box
<script>
(function($){
     $(document).ready(function(){
         "use strict";

$('.service-title a').attr('target', '_blank');

});
})(jQuery);
</script>
  1. Save settings

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Regards,
Kharis

No, that is for the footer and all it’s done is show some code at the bottom of the page, which isn’t useful. I did download Footer Putter though, which looks ok.

I am talking about the Services row - so in the demo page, this is Design, Global Coverage and Free Coffee. I want to link each of those to external websites, so want them to open up in a different tab so as not to drive traffic away from my site.

Sorry, I corrected the code issue - I had erroneously copied the code above. However, that didn’t work and the links at the bottom of the page don’t open in a new browser. That said, I’m not too fussed about those pages - it’s the Services page links I’m trying to resolve. Just thought I’d let you know anyway.

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

Could you please post your URL here so I can have a closer look?

Regards,
Kharis

I checked your site. They seem to work as expected.

Could you please try to clear your browser’s cache?

Regards,
Kharis

That worked! Thanks Kharis!

Hello there,

I am glad it worked. Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi again.

I’m wondering how to make links in the Project section (Project custom link) open up in a new tab?

Thanks

Dear Rob,

Thank you for asking. Could you please post your new question in a new topic as it isn’t related to the current topic we were discussing? I’d be glad to assist you from there.

Regards,
Kharis