Services column to take whole width

Hi!

I like the basic layout of the theme’s elements and how easy it was to implement Types with the .xml, but my content doesn’t exactly fit with the original intent of each section, as it is sometimes bigger than in your examples.

In that spirit, I’d like to be able to widen each Services column for it to take the whole width of the article. I know it’s only a matter of bootstrap classes (in this case, col-md-4 col-sm-6 col-xs-6), and changing those classes to col-md-12 col-sm-12 col-xs-12 does it (I tested it in Chrome’s element inspector) but I don’t know how to tell Types (or whatever module) to take these classes by default.

As I’m fairly new to Wordpress, I don’t know where the HTML is created for the Types templates so I don’t know where to look to change the classes.

Can anyone help?

Hello,

Types doesn’t hold classes, it just creates the custom post type Services from the xml file.

All you need to do is go to /widgets/fp-services.php and find the classes you mentioned.

Awesome, thanks!

Forgot to mention, since you say you’re new to WP, please note that custom modifications to theme files will be lost when the theme gets an update. Please have a look at child themes.

Thank you, that’s a very helpful reminder!

Hi again,

Now that I’ve included a child theme with only a style.css file in it, I’m able to customize my CSS but when I change my moesia-child theme options, save and publish, they instantly revert to default.

For exemple, if I add a Welcome title in the Welcome Area section and change my header image with one of mine, click Save and publish, neither will show up on the live website. If I go back to the theme options panel, they’re back to default (no title and the photographer header image).

Of course, if I activate the original theme instead of my child theme, I can change all that again.

Did I do something wrong?

Hello,

As far as I know, saved options are not being passed from the main theme to the child theme, as it is basically a different theme with different entries in the database.

I just tested the welcome title and image etc from a child theme and it’s working fine. Have you added any other files to the child theme?

1. No, I haven’t. What I have in my wp-content/themes is this:

In style.css, I have this, which works:

/*
 Theme Name:   Moesia Child

Description:  Moesia Child Theme
 Author:       Karl-Emmanuel Barrière
 Author URI:   http://karlbarriere.com
 Template:     moesia
 Version:      1.0.0

Text Domain:  moesia
*/

@import url("../moesia/style.css");

/* =Theme customization starts here
-------------------------------------------------------------- */

blockquote:before, 
.main-navigation a:hover, 
.entry-title a:hover,
.widget a:hover,
.entry-meta a:hover,
.entry-footer a:hover,
.author-social a,
.service-title,
.employee-social .fa:hover,
.social-widget li a::before,
.social-area a:before,
.fact,
.slick-prev:before, .slick-next:before{
	color: #007ca0;
}

::selection,
.post-navigation .nav-previous,
.post-navigation .nav-next,
.paging-navigation .nav-previous,
.paging-navigation .nav-next,
.comment-respond input[type="submit"],
.service-icon,
.skill-bar div,
.project-image,
.welcome-button,
.call-to-action{
	background-color: #007ca0;
}

The theme that is currently activated is moesia-child. I understand that the main theme’s options are not passed to the child (I can see that when I activate the main theme back) but normally, I would expect that customizing the child theme directly with the options inherited from the parent theme would stick…

1. Also, on a related note, I read in the codex that in order to replace any of the parent theme’s files included in a subfolder, I can just place a file with the same name in the child theme root folder. That means that if I want to change the column layout of the Services section as discussed in my original question, I should be able to with a fp-services.php placed into themes/moesia-child? That didn’t seem to work either…

Thanks for your support!