Service widget - photos + captions

Hi Roman,

I would like to change the text under the Services widget on the homepage for journeysforthesoul.com. This is what it reads when i have it enabled. Can I hid the text or add my own custom text? Also, I want to use the featured image, but I only want it shown on the widget, not each service page as well. The photo just looks too large when on the individual service page.

So my 2Qs

1. Can I remove or edit the text under the services widget on the homepage
  2. Can I display a photo for each without having it on the service page?

Example of text shown on Service Widget:

Miami Schedule
Life Coral GablesSUNDAY 10:30AM I FLOW | Book Now301 Giralda Ave, Coral Gables,…

Private Sessions
Group classes are a wonderful way to connect with the yoga community,…
Work Wellness
[caption id=“attachment_3136” align=“alignright” width=“494”] Team-building yoga event at the Sanibel Marriott Harbour…

Yoga Journeys
Sam’s love for adventure and community has led her to more…

Thank you!

Hello,

First you can edit each service and put More Tag before the content. Then you can add the following CSS code in order to make (more…) transparent and hide Featured Image on single service pages.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.atframework_services_widget .service-content {
    color: transparent;
}

.page-template-single-service .single-thumb {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thank you. When I made the changes, there is too much white space in between work wellness and yoga journeys on MOBILE viewing. Can this be fixed?

Hello, it looks like you skipped the first step, you didn’t put More Tags before services content. So now you just have transparent text there. Please check this guide for more details:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman, but I don’t want any text below or a read more option.

You’ll just have transparent (more…) below each service. Otherwise I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it.

Hi!

Im more concerned about the additional space in between each service. I added the coding to make all 4 on one line instead of 3 and then 1. Could this have something to do with it?

And Is that what you mean on not an easy way to do it?

Hello, currently you have transparent text below each service. Please add More tags at start of each service and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.