Service Type A: including the link to service image

Hi,

could you please provide the code that include the image of a service to be clickable

thanks
flupo

Hello Flupo,

You can make service icon clickable by adding a link into Service link field of your service.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

yes, but than only the link is clickable and not the images.

regards
flupo

Flupo, can you please make sure that you are using the latest version of Sydney theme?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

i´m using ver. 1.30

Okay Flupo, can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Okay Flupo, now I see that you are using featured images, not icons.

It is possible to add links to images, but looks like it requires some coding, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi folks,

I bumped into the same issue: I use featured images for services, and found they are not wrapped in an a tag - only the text is. When you select a FA icon - it is clickable.

I went on to fix this by adding the needed code to …/widgets/fp-services-type-a.php . The same patch can be applied unto fp-services-type-b.php .

The code I used is pasted below. However this can’t be done in a child theme - one needs to modify the actual theme, which means it will get overridden upon the next update.

Would you guys consider adding this (or something similar to your liking) to an upcoming version?

Thanks!

--- fp-services-type-a.php.orig 2016-11-10 01:46:36.654889443 -0800
+++ fp-services-type-a.php      2016-11-13 01:05:00.742747270 -0800
@@ -124,7 +124,13 @@
                                                        <div class="roll-icon-box">
                                                                <?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) : ?>
                                                                        <div class="service-thumb">
-                                                                               <?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-service-thumb'); ?>
+                                                                               <?php if ($link) : ?>
+                                                                                       <?php echo '<a href="' . esc_url($link) . '">' ; ?>
+                                                                                       <?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-service-thumb') ; ?>
+                                                                                       </a>
+                                                                               <?php else : ?>
+                                                                                       <?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-service-thumb'); ?>
+                                                                               <?php endif; ?>
                                                                        </div>
                                                                <?php elseif ($icon) : ?>
                                                                        <div class="icon">

Hi,

I made a note to look at this for the next update.
Though you could also do it with jQuery so that there won’t be any overriding issues.

Thanks Vlad!!
And I will definitely look into doing it via jQuery as you mentioned.

//This has been added for the next theme version.

Great. Thank you!

I am using Services Type A on my homepage and 2 services link to the same page.
Content on the same page is divided into 2 sections: A&B.
How cam i use hyperlinks, if possible, when click on Service 1 it goes to SectionA and click on service 2 it goes directly to section B.
Thanks for helping. Thanks
W: mtanetwork.net
Service1: Homestay
Service2: Apartments

Hello @medhav21,

Can you please create a new topic for your question in order to make it easier to help you?

Kind Regards, Roman.