Second "employee" section

I am trying to change the “employees” to “sponsors”. I have set this up, and I like the way it displays on the website with images sliding.

I want to have this same affect with a separate section for “members”. How do I duplicate the “employees” section so I can add members and see their associated images sliding across the page?

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

Could you please refer to this topic? The similar question previously asked there. Here is the working solution.

You should need to categorize your employees. Edit your employees, then specify their category in the “Categories” taxonomy box.

From the “Sydney FP: Employees” widget, specify the category slug in the field that says “Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show all employees.”

Regards,
Kharis

thanks - I have made these changes but has now brought another question.

I have a menu link at the top of the page for “employees” which links to my employees page (but I have changed employees to sponsors). Once I click on that link I get a page which lists all employees.

Is it possible to just link to one category of employees?

Hello there,

I thought it is possible to do. Go edit your Employees page, then edit “Sydney FP: Employees” widget. In the filed that says “Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show all employees.”, enter the slug of the category which you wish.

Regards,
Kharis

hmmm… I am looking at www.littleastonbury.uk/employees which lists all “employees”

I am trying to just show a selection of these (using the method you outlined above) but it still lists all employees.

I am trying to view the page but when I go to the Pages section, www.littleastonbury.uk/employees is not listed there.

Hello there,

Could you please give a temporary to your site admin area so I can have a closer look of your current setup?

Regards,
Kharis

Apologies, I was missing a thing…

You can send the login credentials to my email kharisblank at gmail dotcom with the link to this topic.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello there,

This is actually an archive page of Employee post type. The WordPress system won’t list it in the “Pages” panel. You should create a new “Employee” page, and make sure its URL is different (e.g. yoursite.com/our-employees). Otherwise, it will fall back to the archive page.

To display your selected employees, you can use “Sydney FP: Employees” widget. In the field that says “Enter the slug for your category or leave empty to show all employees.”, enter your selected employee category slug.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis