Second Blog Page

Greetings All!

I am planning to add a second blog page on my website, this will be used to post interviews I’ve conducted. Is it possible to duplicate my current post/blog page and edit things from there on? Or would I have to create a new page and play around with the categories? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

For reference, my website is yourvisa.ca

Hello,

You can categorize your posts and use interviews category archive (it’s a default WordPress feature) to display only interview posts. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks for the reply. If you don’t mind, can you walk me through this process? What shall I do after creating the ‘Interview Blog’ page? Are my new interviews still being published as a ‘post’ or new page?

Okay, let’s start :slight_smile:

1. Create a new category in Posts → Categories section, for example Interviews.

2. Assign this category to each of the appropriate posts.

3. Visit this link: http://yourvisa.ca/category/interviews/

Please let me know if you need more assistance.

Kind Regards, Roman.

I’ve created the new category, but don’t I need a new page for these blogs to appear on?

That’s the point, WordPress automatically creates such page for each category :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

That did not happen. When I created the new post under the new category, it went right to my blog posts page. No new page was created. Please confirm, do I need to create a new page, add it in the menu?

Try to add Categories widget to your sidebar or footer, you should see the list of your categories there. Each category in that widget will be linked to certain category archive. You can copy that links and add them to your menu. You can use several archive pages instead of the general blog, that’s the workaround that I mean.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for trying to assist but I’m not following you and don’t think we’re on the same page. Basically, I want a brand new page, which can be accessed through my menu. The page should look similar to the blog page, where I can add new interviews posts (whether that is through new pages or posts, don’t care).

Can you please provide that category explanation with step by step instructions?

Okay, do you already have a post with interviews category assigned?

If yes, can you please provide a link to that post?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes. The category is called YourStory. Here is the link to a test post.

http://yourvisa.ca/test/

Please check this link:
http://yourvisa.ca/yourstory/

You didn’t create that page, but it contains all your posts of YourStory category.
Well, only one for now :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hey I think I found another way. I used the Employees widget and I think I got what I need. Check it out here: yourvisa.ca/yourstory

The only issue is on mobile there seems to be a slider, but on desktop it’s in the blog format. How do I remove the slide option so it’s always in blog/thumbnail format on all devices?

Hello,

Try to use Sydney FP: Employees - Type B widget instead of Sydney FP: Employees widget.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Perfect, thanks!

Also, when I click on a story, the URL has ‘employees’ in it. Can I remove this part of the permalink? See below for reference:

Also, is there a way I can make the photo clickable and linking to the post? The only way to currently read more is by clicking on the title.

You are welcome!

Please create a separate topic for each of your other issues to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like