Searchform in Menu - Position and icon change - missing searchform.php

Hi there dear Athemes team,

I am having massive troubles getting the searchform to work as I want but at last it does show up in the Menu. Thanks to some advice I found on some other topics in the support forum.

The search is currently live on: holle-nachhaltigkeit.ch

It shows up in the menu;

• though slightly below it
  • the search box is still a tiny bit too big for my liking but I think I can manage to correct that in css
  • and the main issue or rather wish I have is to replace the “Suche (Search submit)” button".

I think it is redundant and frankly does not look too good. I’d rather have a standard fa-search magnifying glass icon.

I found a topic concerning the same issue on a different athemes theme ( Change ‘SEARCH’ icon ) but I don’t find a searchform.php in either the parent/child sydney theme.

Can I create my own searchform.php and if so where does it belong and what needs to be put into it?

With kind regards
Sam

Hello Sam, I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve.

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

thank you for the reply.

I hope the screenshots I’ll provide will suffice.

1st image: shows the current state. I would like to remove the orange “search/suche” button/image. Remove or replace with an icon of a magnifying glass.
The position could also be better; rather have it behind the last menu point “News” instead of slightly below it.

magnifiy
2nd image: just an example of a magnifying glass.

extended
3rd image: more of a bonus: In that example clicking the icon opens up the search form. Would be nice to have but I assume that would mean a lot more work.

URL for the website were the 3rd image came from: http://www.kamehagrandzuerich.com/

Hello, thank you for the screenshots.

It looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.