Search icon in menu bar

Hi there,

I would like to put a search icon (magnyfying glass, only the icon) in the menu. Is there a way to do that?

Thx a lot in advance!

Hello there,

Please try to follow the solution posted on this thread. It was for Sydney Pro though. But it works for Perth as well.

Regards,
Kharis

Great, thx a lot!

Is it possible to have hand when hovering over the search icon, instead of a cursor?

And the search results page is not full screen (results are on the left of the screen, right of the screen is empty). Is it possible to make this page full screen?

Thx a lot in advance!

Hello there,

Please try adding the following custom CSS code:

/* Display hand pointer on hover search input */
.top-search-menu .search-field:hover{
  cursor: pointer;  
}  

/* Enlarge search result area */
.search-results .content-area{
  width: 100%;
}

.search-results .widget-area{
  display: none;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Great! Thx so much Kharis!

Actually, one last thing,

there is now a white bar under my footer. It seems to be linked to the search widget.

Is there a way of taking it off?

Thx!

Could you please share the link to your site so I can take a closer look and troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Kharis

Here you go: www.get-real.org

Hello there,

I visited your site, but the screen is displaying under-construction mode. Is there any other way for me to see your actual site? or have you been able to manage the trouble by yourself?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Sorry it took me so long to come back to you.

My website is now definitely online. You can therefore access it and hopefully help me with this white bar issue :slight_smile:

Thank you very much in advance!

Have a nice day

Hi,

Thank you for getting back. It looks like you’ve done a great work with the search box. Awesome!

To remove the white bar at the bottom of your site, you can use the following custom CSS code:

#full-screen-search:not(.open){
  height: 1;
  overflow: hidden;
}

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you so much Kharis!