Search icon and social icons in header disappeared

Hello,

I had an issue here:

and it got resoleved, but suddenly the search icon and social media icons are gone!
I cant remeber I did a change lately.

When I hover over there I can see some links like in the header menu.

Do have an idea if or what I did wrong? acn you please helpme?

In case you would need to take a look at the website:

www.mtomedia.de

Thanks a lot in advanced
Reagrds
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

Thank you for raising a separate topic for this.

As checked, you’re currently running a child theme, in which the custom code added in the past. But now seems likely you’re getting trouble with it since we have made some major changes to the newer versions of Sydney Pro.

To chech this further with your child theme, please share your child theme to a file hosting service like Google Drive, and update me here with its public link.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

tahnk you for your support, I sent you an email.

regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

I didn’t receive your email. I am sorry.

I’d request re-sending it to kharisblank@gmail.com. And mention the link to this topic in your message body to help me better recognize your coming in my inbox.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis,

oh I am sorry, maybe it got in junk-mail or I had the worng email-adress. Anyway I sent it again.

TY and regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

I received your email along with the attached child theme package. And now I am inspecting it. I will be back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I checked your child theme and seems likely there is no error found.

Can I ask you to check your social menu under Appearance > Menus from your website’s dashboard (/wp-admin) and check whether the social menu is active or not?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis,

thanks for checking the child theme.

Well, I guess that it is sactive, isnt it? Actually I didnt make any changes, I just noticed that search icon and social icons suddenly are not tehre anymore. Here is a screenshot.

The weired thing is that the header (primary) menu is there instead. As I mentioned above, I cant see the menu, but when I hover I can see that there are all links all way down on the left of the header image. I am not sure if I explained well enough.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-16 um 01.24.41

regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

Thank you for getting back along with the screenshot.

Seems likely there is anything else that causes you this issue. Hence I need to inspect it further from your website’s admin area.

Can I ask you to share the temporary admin login link privately over direct message?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello KAhris,

thanks a lot!
I sent you the link via email.

I tried also to inspect the website via DEV and indeed there is the header menu. I dont know what I did, but maybe this helps.

Thanks again!

Regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

Try creating a new menu and enter “Social” as the menu name. Add some custom links for your social profiles URLs. Then assign it to “Header social”.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello KhariI
even cant create a menu anymore. Thehe options on the left wehere I can add a menu (Pages, individual lnks, categories etc.)are kind of ‘greyed’ as I am not authorised to do so.

I already had a menu called ‘Social’ and I tried it (before I deleted it), but it didnt work either.

edit:

but I can change the existing menues, so I tried to change the existing menu ‘Socianl mom’ to ‘Social’, also without success.

What can I do now?

ty and regards
Kruna

EDIT 2:

Sorry Kharis, I made a dump mistake! Shame on me! I can create menues and I did as you suggested, but it deosnt work either.

ty and regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

Thank you for trying.

Seems likely I need to try and inspect further directly from your website’s admin area.

Can I ask you to share a temporary admin login link to your website privately over direct message?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

As I wrote before I sent you the admin link yesterday via email your email adress.
Can you please confirm if you have recived the email?

Thank you and regards
Kruna

I got it. I am inspecting it.

I will be back as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Seems likely you’re getting a script conflict with the Menu Per Pages plugin. Try disabling it temporarily and run your check.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis,

thank you so much! You were absolutely right. Now the social icons are there.

Please apologize, but I have several questions.

Why was the conflict not there before, because the social icons were there also with the plugin (just for me to understand).
I still miss the search icon. It should be there too. Do I have to reinstall it again? I will try
How can I put the button in line with the header, right now its in second line and last but not least…is there an alternative to the menu per pages plugin?

Thanks again for taking the time and all your efforts.

regards
Kruna

EDIT:
I got the search icon issue and a running alternative menu per pages plugin resolved :slight_smile:

Hello Kharis,

I found a solution by changing the button name, now the button is in line with the header. I guess that the header with the name of the button was too long anyway, so that I would have had to change the font of the header.
Its quite ok now the way it is!

Thank you very much again for all your support.

regards
Kruna

Hi Kruna,

Great! Glad to hear you got the solution.

I checked your website via the admin login link you sent, and now the search icon part is showing fine.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello Kharis,

I am so sorry to this nverending post, but could you please check one more thing. I apologize if its too much asked.

Do you have an idea why the search icon disappears too, when I disable the social icons menu?
Now you cant see the social icons, its because I entered a wrong https:// on purpose, as it doesnt show the social icons.

TY and regards
Kruna