Search form?

Hello / Salut!

First, let me Thank you for your great work in providing such beautiful and almost complete themes.
Second, i simply cannot find a search form for products ( eg slippers ) wich can be ever very useful . My solution is to edit some phps but before doing that, i need your advice.

Thanx!

Alex

*Without using widgets. Maybe in the header menu ?

And also : in my theme, the slider is shown on every page of my shop, including single product page.

Hi,

For Search you can use Search widget or you want Product Search? Please clarify what you want to achieve, so we can help you with this better.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hello again

I want to use a product search form in the header for the centered menu and since i have a full width setup for ALL my pages the header is the only section i can think of.

I made some improvs and my result was this: www.hainedefirma.us, for the moment it is ok but it would be a great improvement for all users to search for their products without using widgetes.

And about my slider, it still shows on every page :frowning:

And one more question. I see that i cannot edit the front page like adding new stufd besides its default settings ( recent products, latest posts etc ).

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I do see the header menu is there in your header, where you wanted to have it, right? So what is the problem with it?

I don’t see any slider on your site, so what you mean by that shows on every page of your site?

If you have more questions, please post separate topics about it, so please open 1 topic for 1 issue.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Ok, will do that.

As on most woocommerce based websites, i find it useful and easy to use for the search form to be located to the right of the main header menu. And it’s the developers choice how he displays it.

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry for late reply. You can make the search to appear on right with this Custom CSS:

.woocommerce-product-search input[type="search"] {
    float: right;
    position: absolute;
    margin-top: -20px;
}

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hey, let me know how can I add search menu on the menu navigation?

@bluemalefirst
Can you tell me how you added the top widget where you have the search box on top?

Hello @saiftheboss7 .
I actually edited the .php file where the 3 top promo tabs are located and inserted in their container the woocommerce search form code. After that you can edit your css to your desired needs.

If you need this detailed, let me know.

Alex

Hi @bluemalefirst, how are you?

Can you please help us with the search form? How could you insert it on your site? What was the php file did you changed? header-functions.php? Can you teach us the code, please?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

Take a look at my code (functions.php), it’s working ok!

/* BEGIN */

add_filter(‘wp_nav_menu_items’,‘search_box_function’, 10, 2);
function search_box_function( $nav, $args ) {
if( $args->theme_location == ‘primary’ )
return $nav."<li class=‘menu-header-search’><form action=‘http://www.aurumnutricao.com.br/’ id=‘searchform’ method=‘get’><input type=‘text’ name=‘s’ id=‘s’ placeholder=‘Pesquisar…’></form>";

return $nav;

}

/* END */

@Csaba, could you help me how to proceed to change position betwenn this search form and cart’s button?

Thanks!