Reset Sydney, but keep posts

How can I reset Sydney, as If I’d never installed it before? I’ve tried to delete sydney, and sydney toolbox, but when I reinstall it still shows the buggy version I made of it. I want to start anew. However, I would like to keep the posts I’ve created so far (I believe the wordpress reset pluggins also delete the posts)

Hello there,

To delete special post types made by Sydney Toolbox like Services, Projects, etc., you could use the Bulk Delete plugin.. You also may need to reset the saved configuration in customizer with this plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis

I’'m trying to recover everything Sydney came with when i first downloaded it (its layout structure, examples pictures, the all lot), which seems to be the opposite of your suggestion to delete sydney posts.

Ive red that I can reset wordpress, but that would delete posts i’ve published that already have comments and reactions.

Is it possible to reset Sydney alone (as if i’d never dowloaded it and would be downloading it for the first time)? And witthout deleting posts I’ve created?

Thanks

The only thing you could do when Sydney theme is active is to reset all customizer settings with this plugin:

Then deactivate Sydney and delete it. Afterwards you could install the fresh one.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I did that but it didn’t fix my problem. When doing all those steps and activating it Sydeny shows none of the intial settings: it didn’t create the example menu, example layout, and example posts that come with it initially. Is there a way for me to recover all this initial setting?

Hello there,

To import our demo data to your site, do the steps as outlined in the link below and choose automatic import.

https://docs.athemes.com/article/70-quick-start-guide

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I’ve done that and it indeed created the menu structure, but it imported no pages (only one saying "your page title here - draft). Sorry to give you all this trouble :S , any other ideas?

(I feel as if I’ve broken the sydney theme :confused: you can see how it looks like at www.tourtoisetravels.com. I don’t know what type of page I’m looking at. Maybe you can indicate what pages and page attributes I need to create to have a proper homepage with slider and stuff)

Hello there,

As automatic import didn’t seem to work for you, it looks like you need to do that manually.

Download the demo-content.xml file in this link and use Tools > Impost menu to do manual import.

Then you should have to compose the main slider manually in the Appearance > Customize > Header area > Header Slider.

Afterwards setup your site’s main menu in the Appearance > Menus.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

I had already done it manual :confused: it doesn’t work.
I know how to customize the look.
My problem is I don’t have a page to customize (the page with the rotating slider). It’s gone, and I don’t know how to have it back. My website homepage behaves as a blog page (which I cannot edit with Elementor), not as a homepage with rotating slider (which I could edit with Elementor to add/eliminate sections).
Ideas on how to recover the original Sydney homepage? :confused:

(the only page it imported, as before, is “Your page title here - draft” as “default template”. I have no other pages.)

Hi Kharis,

I got tired and decided to just reset my wordpress, since i only had a few posts. I’ve lost the replies which is what i was trying to save but anyways, the theme is now working properly again after the full reset