Replace crelly slider

Hey,
I’m using Moesia Pro on my site and the crelly slider is extremely slow! It takes it FOREVER to load, and by then the user obviously scrolls down. It makes the site look really unprofessional.

I would like to change the slider plugin to another one. How can I do it? Where do I need to put which code? I want the slider to be exactly at the same place on the page.

This slider drives me nuts. There are only compressed PNG’s on only 4 slides. I can’t get it, why it’s sooooo slow.

Thank you,
Hadas

Hello Hadas,

I don’t think that it’s a slider issue. Please check Moesia Pro demo site, the slider loads almost instantly:
http://demo.athemes.com/themes/?theme=Moesia%20Pro

Please check your images loading time on the Waterfall tab of this report:
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/stphouse.com/8h9JISBe

I suggest you to check your hosting performance first.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

To be honest on the demo site the slider loads slow too. What I mean is that yeah - the slider itself is shown and the loading graphic is seen - but it takes it a while to load the slides. It looks bad, not professional, and annoys our visitor. We get many feedbacks about it.

I’m using compressed images (the heaviest is 280KB), and only the slider images are on the media library - and this is only because the crelly slider can’t have a background image from a URL.
All my other media files are on a different folder on the server, to make the site load fester.
I’m also using “SmushIt” plugin so I can’t think of any other way the photos can be lighter, and a caching plugin of course.

Hello Hadas,

I still don’t think that it’s a slider issue. Can you please try to temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Toolset Types and Page Builder by SiteOrigin and see if it helps? But please make a full site backup first.

Kind Regards, Roman.

It seems like the Types plugin was the heaviest one, and considering the fact I didn’t use it I decided to remove it.
Also I made the site static (WP Super Cache) so it loads faster.
I’m still not satisfied but the situation now is much better so I think I’ll keep the slider anyway.

Hadas