Removing controls from video header

I have a video header on a sydney pro site that I am building. I see a play/pause button on the header - is that something that can be removed?

Also - when I load the site on an Ipad, I see the video header playback controls…like a youtube video. I am trying to make it clean…just a looping video without any controls so it looks seamless. Thoughts please or any additional information that I can provide?

Hello @muzmeh,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

I have the same problem in my site…

1. I would like to remove the Youtube branding at the bottom
  2. I want the video to play automatically when the site loads in Mobile versions (Currently that is not happening)
  3. I want the video to play on loop both in mobile and desktop versions

Here is the link of my test site…

http://ec2-35-161-24-97.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

Thanks for your help in advance

Regards,
Arun

Hello Arun,

1. It looks like you have already resolved this issue.

2 and 3. Since WordPress 4.7, video header functionality is part of WordPress itself:

Since those issues are not the theme issues, I kindly suggest you to use WordPress.org forums to find a solution.

Please feel free to create a new topic if you have any other questions.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

How do i remove the Pause button appearing in the header video ?

www.arunwedsaruna.com

Hello Arun,

Please try to use the following CSS code in order to hide (not remove) that button.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

#wp-custom-header-video-button {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Perfect !

Thanks a ton !!!

Jus one more quick thing … Why does in Iphone Safari Browser the header video doesnt play automatically ? Also it opens up in a seperate player window

Thanks again for all your kind help

Hello Arun,

Please check this topic:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoplay-header-video-on-mobile-is-not-working-iphone-ipad/

Kind Regards, Roman.