Removing comments option and author name from post

Hi,
I dont want give the option to post comment in my blog post. How do I do that. I am using Sydney theme.

I dont want to display author name either.
How do I achive these.

Hi,

You can disable comments for a page or post by unchecking “Allow Comments” from Discussions ( make sure Discussion is enabled from Screen Options ) or you can remove comments area with Custom CSS from all pages / posts with this Custom CSS:

.comments-area {
    display: none !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
Thanks a lot. This works fine in the parent theme as the child theme is disables now.

I am having trouble setting up child theme.I created child theme to create template for individual employee and services pages, but Once I activate child theme, all the previous setting get lost.

It must be a known problem, but as a newbie I am struggling. Please help if you can.

Here is the link for that topic.

And also How do I hide author name from post page?

Hi,

The Child Theme is handled as a new Theme by WordPress, so your Settings in Customizer will be lost, so if you want to use a Child Theme, then you must re-do the Customizer Settings.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Thanks. I did customize the settings again. and I found out how to remove author name from post page.

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it’s resolved! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba

How can I hide the author on posts?

Hi @Tine,

Please post a link to your website, to a page where you have author and you want to hide it, so I can check.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

https://www.cvcheckpro.com/tipps/wie-schreibe-ich-einen-lebenslauf/

Hi,

You can hide the author from your posts with this Custom CSS:

.single-post .entry-meta .author {
    display: none !important;
}

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also add the CSS to wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customizer -> Additional CSS so you won’t loose the changes after Theme or WordPress updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hey, that worked. Thanks.

Hi,

Great! You’re most welcome! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Kind Regards,
Csaba