Removing Bullets and UL in menu

We are building a site with Moesia and have used the Easy Sidebar Menu plugin. We had issues with the menu items having bullets that were Font Awesome icons. We were able to do a custom CSS that worked to remove them, but now when we updated the template the bullets are back!! We are also trying to get rid of the underline. Not sure what changed!.

Thanks

Hello there,

> … but now when we updated the template the bullets are back!!

Where did you add your extra CSS code? I should not reside in the main theme’s style.css. You should use either child theme’s style.css or additional CSS option under the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS.

Please read this codex to properly customize your site with CSS.

Regards,
Kharis

I had done the modified CSS in the Custom CSS widget on the site. I also then tried using the Additional CSS in the Appearance section of the site. Currently we have made the modification in the native CSS which we do not want going forward. This is the CSS as it stands now where we removed the Font Awesome

.footer-widget-area .widget li:before,
.widget-area .widget li:before {
margin-right: 10px;
font-size: 10px;
position: relative;
top: -2px;
}

Hello there,

To remove it, you can use this CSS code:

.footer-widget-area .widget ul li:before {
  display: none;  
}  

Regards,
Kharis

Yea, tried that, didn’t work

site - http://new.ngac.org

Even tried using just that custom CSS by commenting out all the others.

Hello there,

I visited your site. The bullet is removed already. You web browser cache might not be able to load the changes you’ve applied. Please try to clear it and then reload your site. If it loads no different, perhaps there are some other reasons. Please read this codex to help you figuring those out yourself.

Regards,
Kharis