Remove White box from Button Background

Hi there

I am using Sydney Theme (Free Version) and wanting to remove the white box that appears when I put a Button in. I saw a soltuion that required CSS but I have to upgrade to Pro to use it. Is there any way of doing this in the free version?

Hi,

Please post a link to your website, to the page where you have the button in a white box, so I can help you to remove the white box from there.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba

investorhq.com.au

Thanks for this. The image you see is a background image. I am also trying to put a different background image on different pages with no success. I want the image to stay stationary when scrolling as rather than have menu items on the page, I am wanting to make images “Clickable” for navigation around the website (ie:click the office to go to a different page, etc) so need the background different so I can put the clickable images ove the top…without the white boxes.

Thanks Csaba.

…I thought I better clarify, I am only needing to know:

1. How to make White boxes transparent
  2. How to make the background different on different pages to the Home Page

JA.

Hi,

You can change the white background of the content wrappers to transparent with this Custom CSS:

.content-wrapper {
    background-color: transparent !important;
}

Please post a link to a page where you would like to change the background color, so I can check.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I can’t use the custom CSS on the free version. How do I do it in the free version?

Link: investorhq.com.au/theboardroom

Can you please read what I have been writing and answer afterwards, it’s really frustrating when I have already explained something to you and you answer as though you haven’t even read the problem.

Even moreso when you don’t answer.

Hi,

Sorry, I thought you want to remove the background color of the content wrappers, that’s the only white background I found on your homepage, then I clearly misunderstood what you’re asking and it’s still not 100% clear, please clarify and maybe please post a screenshot and point out what you want to modify and how.

On the page where you’ve posted the link to you can change the background with this Custom CSS:

with this you can change the background-color:

.page-id-258 .page-wrap {
    background-color: #1c1c1c !important;
}

or with this you can add a background-image:

.page-id-258 .page-wrap {
    background: url("your-image-url-here") !important;
}

to change on different pages, you just have to duplicate the Custom CSS and change the page-id-#.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

OK, maybe it’s the text that I’m not doing correctly…let me try for the 3rd time to tell you the issue with that

I CANNOT USE THE CUSTOM CSS FIELD IN THE FREE VERSION. THE QUESTION AROSE ASKING YOU IF IT COULD BE DONE IN THE FREE VERSION.

It is now a week later and I am no further to getting an answer. I’m not sure how much clearer I can be:

I just want to be able to know IN THE FREE VERSION IF POSSIBLE:

1. How to make White boxes transparent
  2. How to make the background different on different pages to the Home Page

I would have normally given up by now but now we have bets running in the office as to whether I will eventually get an answer…Just so you know, I’ve backed you $10 but I’m not too confident.

I would have thought that was pretty self explanatory…but here’s an example…let’s pretend we have “Page 1” and “Page 2”

Page 1 Background image = Picture of cute kitten

Page 2 Background image = Picture of Plane in the air

Both taking up the whole screen, no white boxes, no borders, nothing…just the picture!

Then I want to be able to put a button on the screen…No white borders, no black bars, nothing else but the button, just a button, just the way the button is supposed to be…just a button.

Hi,

You can use the Additional CSS field in the free version, in wp-admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS. Please post 2 links for both of your examples, so I can give you Custom CSS for both pages to do what you’ve requested, but if you’ve meant to do it without Custom CSS it isn’t possible.

Kind Regards,
Csaba