Remove Title from Portfolio widget

Hello, I’d like to remove the hovering title on the projects section of a staging site I’m working on using Talon.

You can see in the image when I hover over the word SUCCESS, it shows “Success” again as that is the name of the project. Can I remove that?

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. i am happy to help with your queries.

Can you share a link to your website here, so we can get the exact solution for that need?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thank you! It’s a staging site: http://writerly.eu/writ50929134/

Please let me know if you need anything else!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link.

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.widget_athemes_portfolio .portfolio-item .portfolio-content h4 {
      display: none;
    }

I’d request giving it a try and let me know your views.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

That worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

There was also another slight problem with the portfolio widget - sometimes they load in a weird way, but after I refresh the page it works. Is this a glitch in the theme or can I do something to prevent that?

Also - I’m wondering if there is a way to disable the links on the different logos? Thank you again!

Try replacing the code with:

.widget_athemes_portfolio .portfolio-item .portfolio-content {
      display: none;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Try these steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    jQuery(function($) {

if( $('.widget_athemes_portfolio').length ) {
        $('.portfolio-section .portfolio-item').each(function(){
          var link = $(this).children('a').attr('href');
          if(link != undefined) {
            $(this).children('.portfolio-content').find('a').contents().unwrap();
          }
        });
      }

});
  1. Update

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks so much for all of your help, Kharis!

So far everything has worked, but the links under the projects section are still active, as you can see: http://writerly.eu/writ50929134/

Any assistance would be much appreciated!

Hi,

Thank you for trying the code.

Try replacing it with:

jQuery(function($) {

if( $('.widget_athemes_portfolio').length ) {
        $('.portfolio-section .portfolio-item').each(function(){
          var link = $(this).children('a').attr('href');
          if(link != undefined) {
            $(this).children('a').contents().unwrap();
            $(this).children('.portfolio-content').find('a').contents().unwrap();
          }
        });
      }

});

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis, that works perfectly! Thank you so much for all of your assistance on this! Cheers!

1 Like

Hello again Kharis, I need your help on something else if you don’t mind! As you can see in the image I’m attaching, the underline under the word “Hospitality” is bumping up again the word below it. The same happens with “International Living.” I like the line, but is there a way to add more space so it doesn’t partially block the words below? Thanks!!

I’m also wondering if on this page: http://writerly.eu/writ50929134/case-studies/ I can transform the words "entrepreneurship “personal development” and “hospitality” into small caps? Thanks a bunch in advance!

Hi,

Great! Glad to hear that the code worked for you.

In regards to your other queries, feel free to raise separate topics for them as they aren’t related to the initial query. Please use one topic for one query, so we can track progress easily and keep our support forums in good order.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Noted! Thanks! Just made new separate topics!

1 Like