Remove the "..."

Hi all,

How can we remove the “…” and insert all the text in the services? And is it mandatory to create a child theme to modify this?

In other topics I did not understand

thank you

Hi,

To display full text of the service items, you’ll need to edit the existing code. And yes, its better if you working on it using Child theme, so your edited file will not replaced when you update your theme,

Regards,
Awan

Thank you very much, but could you tell me how to create a child theme?
And do you have an idea of ​​the codes to use to remove links and display full text of the services items ?

Thanks for everything.

Dylan

Hi,

Here is the tutorial to create a child theme https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
But I am sorry, I can’t help you to edit the existing files because its beyond our support policy. You can try to contact Upwork.com or Codeable.io to help you further.

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan,

And if I just wanted to increase the number of words visible? (for now it is 12 and change it) and remove the links? A css code would suffice, right?

Thanks
Best regards
Dylan

Hi Dylan,

You probably want to try the solutions in this thread https://athemes.com/forums/topic/remove-text-from-astrid-fp-services/

Regards,
Awan

Hi Awan,

In this topic you are talking about removing the text entirely or I would like just to increase the number of visible word, and with a css code this should be possible no?

Thanks you for your time.

Dylan

Hi,

There is a trick to increase/decrease the limited text, remove the text and display all text.

Firstly, you have to create a child theme, then:

1. duplicate inc/framework/widgets/front-services.php file from directory from the parent theme to the child theme
  2. Open front-services.php file in your child theme and change this line:
    <?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_content(), 12); ?> to <?php get_the_content(); ?>
  3. activate your child theme.

Regards,
Awan

Hi,

I would like to know how to go in the wp-content/themes ? To create a child theme

thank you very much

Hi,

You need to login to your CPANEL then go to File Manager, or you can also access your file using FTP access. Please ask your host administrator if you dont have an access to your CPANEL or FTP.

Regards,
Awan

Hi,

The child theme was created, but I would like to remove the link from a single article , so the “href” in the html , but I don’t have it. I would like to put some “class” on articles for be able to disassociate them and modify them in the CSS of my child theme. For the moment I use the source code and I see that all the articles have the same class, so it is impossible for me to modify a single one. How to do ? And where to find the html?

Thanks

Hi there,

I am sorry for the delay.

To add class attribute to the link of the service title, please open front-services.php file on your child theme then replace this line:

<h3 class="service-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

with this:

<h3 class="service-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" class="YOUR_CLASS_NAME"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

Regards,
Awan

Hi,

Yes but in the articles I want to change juste one article, and if I do what you say , it change all the articles.

Thanks

If you want it to single article only, I think its better if you put the POST ID instead. Still need to change the front-services.php file, replace this line:
<h3 class="service-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

with this:
<h3 class="service-title" id="<?php the_title(); ?>"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h3>

Then to apply the styles, you have to get those article ID using chrome dev tools.

From the image in above, the ID is 114. So, the CSS code would be like this (example):

#114.service-title a{
 color: red;
}