Remove the sidebar in Astrid

Hi Community,

how can I get rid of the sidebar (that contains things like „recent posts“ etc.) on the single project pages?

Thank you in advance ?

Hello @polarbear,

You can try to use WooSidebars plugin in order to display (or not) different widgets on different pages.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I want to completely delete the sidebar on the whole website. Is that possible (maybe through CSS)?

Best regards

Hello @polarbear,

You can remove all widgets from your sidebar and use Full width page template for your pages.

Also you can go to your Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Blog options section, select Full width (no sidebar) for Blog layout, check Full width single posts? checkbox, and save your changes.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello @Roman,

thank you for your patience!

Even when I remove all the widgets from the sidebar, it still looks like this.
On the other hand I can’t use the “Full with” template on my project sites, because then the pages wouldn’t be displayed in the projects sections on the homepage anymore.

Do you know another possibility to solve the problem?

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Hello @polarbear,

Please provide links to problematic pages.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

my Website runs on a local server for now.
If this works, you will see the code from one of the “Project” pages (click here for the screenshot) underneath:

[code removed]

Hi @Roman,

I solved the problem!
I just added this additional CSS-Code:

.content-area {
    width: 100%;
}

(Unfortunately the featured-image stays on the left site and doesn’t align to the center, but I hope to find a solution for that.)

Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

Best Regards
polarbear

You are welcome @polarbear! And have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

For the love of all things good and pure, please cut the code out of this post! It takes forever to scroll through when you search through the help section.

Yeah Julie, I’ve removed it. Thanks for notifying! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

1 Like

Thank you <3

You are welcome :slight_smile: