Remove Menu in Sydney

Hello, I’m just beginning to set up my site, and I love this theme! However, for what I intend to use it for, I do not need a menu at the top of the screen. I have added everything I need in the sidebar and I just want to have my image and logo in a band across the top. I believe I have managed to hide the top menu, but it is still visible on mobile sites. I’m not very familiar with CSS, but I expect this is where I can remove the menu. Would you be able to help me with this?
My site is: http://www.rowofcarrots.com/

Hello there,

Could you please try to apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin or child theme’s style.css?

.header-wrap .col-sm-4{
  display: none;
}

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you Kharis! That did remove the menu lines, however the menu background still remains. It spans the entire width of the page and covers the image I am using as my header. Is there anyway to remove that?

Thanks again for your help.

Never mind, I just removed .col-sm-4 from the CSS code, and that did the trick.

Thank you!

Hi Guys,

I am trying to remove my Menu also

I am also trying to remove the Black Banner at the very top of the header and want the full slider image shown.

Lastly, on my Desktop the Main Slider Image does not fit the whole screen.

If you could please help.

www.evomotive.global

Thanks

Frank

Hello Frank,

Please try adding this extra CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from your site dashboard.

.site-header.float-header {
  background-color: transparent;
}

> Lastly, on my Desktop the Main Slider Image does not fit the whole screen.

That’s considered as normal. It works that way since the header background size is set to cover. MDN explains that cover background scales the image as large as possible and maintains image aspect ratio (image doesn’t get squished). If you wish certain part of your image is the main content that all visitors should see, your best bet is to edit your image and put the most important content to be more centered.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

I did not succeed in having the header menu bar transparant on mobile site, even with your suggestion to add :

.header-wrap .col-sm-4{
}
.site-header.float-header {
  background-color: transparent;
}

in custom CSS. Do you have other suggestions?

Regards

Stijn

Hello Stijn,

Please share a link to your site, so I can have a look and help me to get the exact code.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

It is www.finnland.be.

Regards
Stijn

Hello Stijn,

Thank you for sharing. Try this CSS code:

@media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) {
  .site-header {
  }
}

The above code will remove the menu area completely, that would work for you since you don’t have any active menu.

Regards,
Kharis

Great. It works. Many thx Kharis!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis