Remove link Portfolio

Hello,

First, I want to say that I really like this theme !

Then, I want to do a little modification on the portfolio. I want to use it for image displaying and want to display text when the mouse goes on a picture. i don’t want to link the text on a page. I just want a simple text.

Have you an idea ? Thank you for your help :slight_smile: Sebastien

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

To achieve it, we should need to remove the A tag and clone its text into the SPAN tag. It can be passed by adding some custom jQuery and CSS code.

1. Install and activate the Header and Footer Scripts plugin
  2. Go to Settings > Header and Footer Scripts panel
  3. Paste the following code into the “Scripts in header:” box to replicate the portfolio title style
<style>
.project-title span{
 position: relative;
 top: 40%;
 color: #fff;
}
</style>
  1. Paste the following code into the “Scripts in footer:” box to remove the link and replace it into a plain text.
<script>

jQuery(function($) {
	$(".project-item").each( function() {

var link =  $(this).children().find('a');
           var pTitle = link.text();

$(this).children('.project-title').append('<span>'+pTitle+'</span>');
          link.remove();

});
});

</script>
  1. Save settings

Let me know how it goes. I’ll wait to hear back from you regarding your stats.

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Hello Kharisblank,

Thank you a lot for your fast answer. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I let you a printscreen of what I did.

Thank you. Sebastien :slight_smile:

Dear Sebastien,

Thank you for reporting.

Could you please try to clear your browser cache? If it didn’t help, could you please post your site URL here so I can have a look?

Warmest regards,
Kharis

Kharis,

It works :):slight_smile: I had tried on my localhost website and it didn’t work and I tried on my onlined website and it works. thank you a lot, you’re the best.

One more little question. Is it difficult to display the contain of the page instead the title ?

One more time thank you :slight_smile: Sebastien

Dear Sebastien,

Nice! Glad to hear that it works for you.

Is it difficult to display the contain of the page instead the title ?

I’m not sure about that. I thought you should need to modify or extend the code of Perth Portfolio plugin in a child theme or you should build your own extension.

Warmest regards,
Kharis