Remove date from posts & make pages full width

Hello,
I am trying to:

1. remove the date, category, and author stamps from my posts. I pasted the following meta into the custom CSS plugin but no luck:

.meta-post{
display: none;
}

and

1. I want to make each page/post full width.

Please help!

Thanks,
Jeff

Hello @jboss236,

1. Do you want to hide tags and permalink stamps as well?

2. Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online screenshot services.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Yes, Please. I’d like to hide those as well–I want to make it as simple as possible. Screenshot link is http://www.chaosadvantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/permalinks-to-remove.png

Hello Jeff,

1. Please try to use the following CSS code to hide these stamps.

You can add CSS code to your site with Simple Custom CSS plugin (just copy CSS code and paste it in Dashboard → Appearance → Custom CSS after installing and activating the plugin). Also you can add CSS code directly to style.css file of your child theme.

article.post div.entry-meta,
article.post footer.entry-footer {
}

2. Can you please also provide some explanatory screenshots regarding your full width issue?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,

Unfortunately the custom CSS didn’t work. I deactivated and then reactivated the plugin but no luck.

Here’s a link to the screenshot after I added the custom css as well as making the blog post read full width:

http://www.chaosadvantage.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/moesha-pro-support_Pic-2.png

Thanks
Jeff

Hello Jeff,

1. I have just tested this code on your website with browser tools and it works for me:

article.post div.entry-meta,
article.post footer.entry-footer {
}

How exactly you added the CSS code?

2. Please try to use the following CSS code to make your single posts full width.

body.single-post div#primary {
    width: 100%;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Fantastic, thanks so much, Roman–that worked!

As for making the blog full width, I’ll copy and paste that into the custom css and see what happens. Thanks again!

Jeff

You are welcome Jeff!

Let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman,

Actually I do have one more question. In the demo theme it has “Our Projects” as the title for the projects widget. Where might I change the name of that to reflect something other than “Our projects” on the front page?

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Please try to do the following.

Edit your front page → edit Moesia FP: Projects widget → add a name to Title field → click Done → click Update.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you. I did that originally and it didn’t work, but now it does. Thanks Roman!

You are welcome Jeff!

Kind Regards, Roman.