Reference to style sheet google-fonts-1

I hope you can help me.

I just upgraded to the latest version of Sydney Pro. That’s the only change that happened on my website recently. I use the plug-in OMGF to load woff2 cached fonts from my server instead of from Google. I noticed a slow down and it looks like there are a bunch of Poppings downloads directly from Google, even though I have certain Poppings font size cached. Looking deeper, it appears that there’s a stylesheet handle called google-fonts-1 referenced somewhere. All the fonts in the stylesheet handle sydney-google-fonts are cached and working fine.

Any idea where is the stylesheet handle google-fonts-1 referenced in the theme and how to remove this reference?

My site is recklaw.com

Hello,

First sorry the delay for this reply!

Maybe this is not a good idea since you will be removing the main font of the theme. Do that only if you have another plugin or custom code adding a new google font, otherwise the theme will load your default system font.

If even so you wan to, here’s a way to remove the code that includes the google fonts from Sydney. Please follow the steps below:

1. First install and activate the Sydney Pro Child Theme:
    https://docs.athemes.com/article/112-child-theme-for-sydney-pro

2. Open wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-child/functions.php and add the given code below:

function dequeue_sydney_google_font_famly() {
         wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-google-fonts' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_print_styles', 'dequeue_sydney_google_font_famly' );

Important: Note this will remove the default font of the theme and load your system font if you do not have any other plugin that adds a new font.

We hope this helps!

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Rodrigo
aThemes Support