Reducing page loading time

Hi support,

We have a header video on the frontpage which is about 7 MB. Our customers think the page loading time is slow at first visit. Is it possible to create the text effect in code in stead and have it on top of our picture of the road in order to increase page speed?

new.selectors.dk

Kind regards,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

You can have similar or the same effect with Crelly Slider plugin. Sydney is ready for this plugin. First your should install the plugin:

Once you have the plugin active, go to plugin options, create your slider and get the shortcode from slider you created.

Go to Appearance > Customize > Hero Area > Hero Type and check Crelly Slider. Then, go to Appearance > Customize > Hero Area > Crelly Slider and enter the shortcode code in the field.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo,
I followed your instructions but I can´t get the slider to work even after I pasted the shortcode in the field: [crellyslider alias=“selectors_hero_slider”]

I have created 6 slides but I would really like to change the font to “Montserrat” - is that possible? The font options are very limited I think and the choices are not close to the look we are after.

PS: All slides are saved - so that´s not the issue :grin:
Best regards,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Sorry, I wrong explained about the shortcode code. You should go to Appearance > Customize > Hero Area > Crelly Slider and paste selectors_hero_slider instead of [crellyslider alias=“selectors_hero_slider”].

Regarding font family, click in the slider text to edit and add the font family code at Custom CSS field:

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hi Rodrigo.
No need to appologize - it works now.
However, it doesn´t work like I want it to. Can we make the effect in code in stead of having 6 slides that blik every time it changes?
Please look at the attached video - this is what we want in the Crelly slider (I´ll send it to your athemes email)

We have 3 messages in text that we want the slider to show in this order:

VI SKABER HELE VIRKSOMHEDER -
FREM FOR HALVE LØSNINGER

VI UDVIKLER ADFÆRD -
SOM SIKRER, I NÅR JERES MÅL

I HAR JOBBET -
VI FINDER DEN RIGTIGE KANDIDAT

Hello Lisa,

I checked my inbox now and didn’t received your video. Could you please check if you sent to the correct email ? rodrigo@athemes.com

So I can understand better what you wish.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Lisa,

I received now, thanks!

It is hard to explain here, but the logic is create 6 text elements inside a one slider and sync all them with the “Delay” and “Time” options.

If possible could you please give me temporary access to your admin dashboard area? So I can do that for you. You can generate the link with this plugin .

rodrigo@athemes.com

P.S.: Ensure the link expiry is set to 7 days and all admin rights are enabled.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

Great, I´ll send you a login in a minute.

I would like the text to be in a loop, so it never stop. Can you do that too?

Best regards,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

Thanks for the access!

I did the mentioned changes in your existing crelly slider. You can preview in the plugin settings and then enable through the theme customizer Header Area options.

We hope this helps!

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,
I am quite happy with the result but is thre a way to aviod the flash/blink that happens just before the loop starts over?

We are approaching the website launch (Wednesday this week), so I have a few more questions for you:

• The menu hover colour is not the right shade of organge (in fact it looks red on my screen but it should be orange) - could you make sure that it is: #E8632E;

• On Mac the dropdown menu under “Kompetences” is not visible. Does that require custom code?

As always, thank you for excellent service.

Best regards,
Lisa

Hello Rodrigo,
I just noticed that the crelly slider load time is approx. 16 seconds at the moment. Our internet speed is as high as usual, so I don´t know what is causing it. Can you check?
I did some page load time uptimisations yesterday in Hummingbird. Could that be the issue?

Best regards,
Lisa

Hello Lisa,

First really sorry the delay here!

Unfortunately your website is returning error 403 (forbidden) and I couldn’t inspect to give to you a solution. Could you please fix that issue and then notify me here?

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support