Reducing padding around header-promo?

I think it’s the padding around the header-promo or promo-box or something similar.

Anyway it’s that, I really hope that link works. There’s three fa-* icons and some text. I’ve been playing around and for the life of me I can’t reduce the gaps around them.

Also, I’ve removed this area from all posts that aren’t the front page, and it leaves a sizeable gap between the header/site menus and the content, is that fixable too?

hopeless :stuck_out_tongue: That link was more broken than Howards reasons for entering the war.

In an interesting twist - the promobox has gone back to being displayed on all pages since I tinkered with /themes/theshop/style.css

I have no idea why. I tried reapplying the CSS fix from here on the forums again but it’s not sticking a second time.

I’m replying to my own thread a lot because I think out loud. :stuck_out_tongue:

The only major change I can think of I made today is I started using Visual Composer for WP and the Woocommerce plugin for that plugin, that modifies the product/product page layout. But I didn’t anticipate it having any impact on the style css or the rest of the pages. It just seems to modify the product which is inserted into the theme.

The site is pennyandstan.com.au if anyone wants to have a look and see what I’m on about.

Your themes are the best, so I’ll gratefully go to sleep now knowing that if no one knows what I’ve done wrong at least I’ll have the sexiest theme with the big header :smiley:

Hi,

You can reduce the padding with this Custom CSS:

.promo-box {
    padding: 10px 15px !important;
}

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Csaba sorry for the lateness of my reply. You’re correct - that worked a treat. I was having some problems with the cache not showing my changes for some reason. Anyway that bit got sorted out and the CSS you showed me is perfect. I’ve since done a lot of tinkering and modifying so the simple custom css plugin was a great help. :smiley: