Reduce the white space on the startpage

Hello Support Team,

is it possible to reduce the white space on the homepage of our website https://schatz-suchen.online in the mobile view without affecting the other pages? Currently, the spacing on this page is different from the other pages and if you make a global adjustment, the view will not fit the other pages. Thanks for your help.

Best Mandy

Hello Mandy, try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

body.home div#content {
    padding-top: 0;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Thank you very much!

1 Like

You are welcome Mandy! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, thanks for the first tip. Unfortunately I can’t solve the problem with that: Only if the page loads at the beginning, the unwanted space is there. As soon as I scroll down once and then scroll up again, it disappears. Is there perhaps another solution for this? The URL is “https://www.schatz-suchen.online”.
Thanks for your support.!
Can you also tell me where I can change the text “Leave a comment” in the comment fields to German or just edit it?
Best Mandy

Hello Mandy,

Only if the page loads at the beginning, the unwanted space is there. As soon as I scroll down once and then scroll up again, it disappears. Is there perhaps another solution for this?

You can try to disable Autoptimize and see if it helps.

Can you also tell me where I can change the text “Leave a comment” in the comment fields to German or just edit it?

Please create a new topic for this issue in order to make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman, thanks for the tip, we had this problem even before I installed Autoptimize. It has nothing to do with that. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks Mandy

Okay Mandy, can you please deactivate all your plugins except Airi Pro, Elementor, Kirki, MailChimp, Contact Form 7, and leave here a note in order to let me check your website without additional plugins activated?

By the way, you can create a staging website for the troubleshooting purposes, here is how:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi, Roman,

I have deactivated all plugins in our test environment - as described. The problem was gone. After that I activated all plugins one by one and reloaded the page each time. The problem no longer appears in the test environment, although all plugins are now active again. Do you have an explanation for this?

I have respect for performing these steps in the live environment. However, I have learned that it is obviously not an Airi theme. Thank you for your help.
VG Mandy

Hello Mandy,

The problem no longer appears in the test environment, although all plugins are now active again. Do you have an explanation for this?

Well, I’m not sure what could cause that problem, unfortunately.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support