Recent Posts Type F: Choosing what catregories are used

Hello - I’m using NewsAnchor Pro to build a site for a four-day festival, and I want to use Recent Posts Type F to display four featured events for each of the four days.

I have day categories for each event (ie Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday) and since some events stretch over more than one day, I am getting the result you can see here:

http://sbconshow.com.au/wp2/

My question: how can I select four different featured items in each of Recent Posts Type F? At the moment this widget only allows a slug title - what I need is to be able to select a category as well.

If I could do this, then I could create extra categories (eg: “Friday-featured”, “Saturday-featured” etc) for each of the four featured events I wanted to display using this widget, and display just those in this widget rather than the four most recent posts that match the slug title.

This would allow me to offer a spread of different events of my own choosing, avoiding the pointless double-ups that I’m getting right now.

Any help you can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

PS: Updating “Recent Posts Type F” so that for each of the four columns users could select the column’s title AND the category to display listings for that column from would be a worthwhile upgrade to program into a future version of this widget.

Any answer on this? I’m on a deadline.

Hello? Is there anyone on your support desk at all?

Never mind - I got so fed up waiting that I got into the widget and recut the code to produce the result I needed (and really, the solution was fairly simple).

Consider this resolved.

Hi,

Great! I’m glad it’s resolved! If you need help with anything else, please open a new topic.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,
Csaba