Recent posts plug-in for elementor not treating post text correctly

Hello. My site is ***.com
Look at the bottom of the home page. In the section titled “Read our latest news and updates” We are using the aThemes:Posts control in Elementor to show most recent posts.

If you try to select the text in the most recent posts, it’s not selectable. This leads me to believe that search crawlers are not treating the text there as text as they should.

How do we fix this?

Hello there,

Did you mean by “selectable” is something like this?

Not really sure if it will affect search result on search engines. I tried with Google search and types “Have you heard of a drug” inurl:recklaw.com. Your post found as seen on the below screenshot.

To allow Google search your posts easier, you would submit your site’s sitemap.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/183668#addsitemap

Regards,
Kharis

Yes, that’s what I mean by selectable.
I see your point and it looks like the text did get picked up in search results.
Is there a reason that the text is not selectable though?

Is there a reason that the text is not selectable though?

Let me inspect and confirm it with our lead developer. Let’s see what’ll find. I’ll be updating you as soon as I find something.

Regards,
Kharis

I inspected it and found active carousel script wrapping those three post items. Since the carousel script has swipe left/right to navigate the slide, text inside it is unselectable. In short, it isn’t theme’s script issue.

Regards,
Kharis

I’m not familiar with the carousel script. We’re just using aThesems:Posts control for Elementor. Is the carousel not part of the control? Any idea how to remove it?

Hello there,

There’s no way to unattach the carousel script in Athemes: Posts element. We need it to create sliding posts items as seen on Latest News section on our demo site.

To use normal posts grid, I’d recommend you use third party plugin like this one:

Regards,
Kharis

Yeah, that plug in is lacking… ok. thanks. You can close this.