Rebuild my footer.phb

Hi there,

I have tried to replace the footer message with my own one and destroyed the footer.php. Could you please provide me with the right code for the following lines in the footer.php:

"><?php printf( __( ’ Copyright 2017 | leadersperspective ’ ); ?>

Sorry, promise to not do it again!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

This is the correct footer.php file code:

<?php
/**
 * The template for displaying the footer.
 * Contains the closing of the #content div and all content after
 * @package Sydney
 */
?>
			</div>
		</div>
	</div><!-- #content -->

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( 'footer-1' ) ) : ?>
		<?php get_sidebar('footer'); ?>
	<?php endif; ?>

<a class="go-top"><i class="fa fa-angle-up"></i></a>

<footer id="colophon" class="site-footer" role="contentinfo">
		<div class="site-info container">
			<a href="<?php echo esc_url( __( 'http://wordpress.org/', 'sydney' ) ); ?>"><?php printf( __( 'Proudly powered by %s', 'sydney' ), 'WordPress' ); ?></a>
			<span class="sep"> | </span>
			<?php printf( __( 'Theme: %2$s by %1$s.', 'sydney' ), 'aThemes', '<a href="http://athemes.com/theme/sydney" rel="designer">Sydney</a>' ); ?>
		</div><!-- .site-info -->
	</footer><!-- #colophon -->
</div><!-- #page -->

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</body>
</html>

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

thanks for the footer.phb file code. I have replaced my old one with yours but unfortunately it is not working. My site is still down. Please find below the whole footer.phb file code, I have replaced with yours. Hope you can help! Best regards, Ralf

<?php
/**

• The template for displaying the footer.

• Contains the closing of the #content div and all content after

• @package Sydney
    */
    ?>
    </div>
    </div>
    </div><!-- #content -->

<?php do_action(‘sydney_before_footer’); ?>

<?php if ( is_active_sidebar( ‘footer-1’ ) ) : ?>
    <?php get_sidebar(‘footer’); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

<i class=“fa fa-angle-up”></i>

<footer id=“colophon” class=“site-footer” role=“contentinfo”>
    <div class=“site-info container”>
    "><?php printf( __( ’ Copyright 2017 | leadersperspective ’ ); ?>
    <span class=“sep”> | </span>
    <?php printf( __( ‘Theme: %2$s by %1$s.’, ‘sydney’ ), ‘aThemes’, ‘Sydney’ ); ?>
    </div><!-- .site-info -->
    </footer><!-- #colophon -->

<?php do_action(‘sydney_after_footer’); ?>

</div><!-- #page -->

<?php wp_footer(); ?>

</body>
</html>

Hi,

The footer file is footer.php, not footer.phb, maybe you have edited the file type too, which seems to be incorrect and can cause issues.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,
you are right. The footer file is footer.php, not footer.phb. I just got it wrong. Sorry about this.

My footer.php has worked without any trouble until I have tried to replace the text in the footer. The only thing I did was overwrite the code with the text "“><?php printf( __( ‘ Copyright 2017 | leadersperspective ‘ ); ?> . It is the second blue highlighted code above.

I would like to ask you to provide me with the original code for this section I have overwritten. Then it must be running again. The original code must be in your demo sydney version I have imported.

Hope my explanations help and sorry for my confusing messages.

Cheers and thanks in advance,

Ralf

Hi Csaba,

Well I have solved the issue. I had to add an additional “)” and everything works fine now. Just one final question: How can I remove the “Theme: Sydney by aThemes” from the footer?

Cheers,

Ralf

Hi,

In free versions of the themes this isn’t allowed, you must leave the credit there, please purchase Sydney Pro, so you’ll be ale to edit or remove the credits.

Best Regards,
Csaba

I am also trying to change the footer. I’ve been told that if you purchase Sydney Pro, you can’t simply update your site. You have to recreate the entire site on Sydney pro. Is this true? Is there a work around?

Hi,

Yes, you may have to recreate some things, but not the entire site, so the pages with page builder will have to work, you just have to re-do the changes made in Theme Options ( Customizer ), it may not take more then 5-10 minutes, all of your posts, pages, projects, or any other custom post types will remain un-changed.

Best Regards,
Csaba