Read More tag not working on a page

Read more tag is not working on my text page section.
cmfaa.org

Hi,

Shortcode won’t work there, please add link code instead or try to remove the <p> tag around the shortcode, because as it is it will work as plain text ( paragraph ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I do not see a p tag being used anywhere

What is the link code?

Use to display readmore that when clicked opened rest of story and read less at bottom of story that when clicked would close most of story.

Maybe a update broke it?

Please advise.

Hi,

You can find the p tag by using Text Editor instead of Visual Editor. Link code can only link to a different page, it can’t do showing / hiding content, also that is not a theme feature.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

I was using text editor bur still did not see a p tag?

This feature was working for the longest time until recent update?

Please advise

Hi,

Can you, please post a screenshot of your Text Editor where you have that code, so I can check.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Here is the sren shot of page:

Hi,

The screenshot is such bad quality, I can’t read / I can’t see where the shortcode is at, please post a higher quality screenshot and point out where is the shortcode placed.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Hi,

Ok, but hoe do you use the <!-- more --> to call that shortcode you’re having on the page? Are you using a plugin for the shortcode?

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Can you please explain how I should be using it. What shortcode would be best compatible with the theme.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don’t know any code that can do that in WordPress by default, what you’ve tried was maybe by a plugin which had a shortcode, but by default you can’t do that inside post / page content.

Kind Regards,
Csaba