Read more tag in Sydney theme doesn't work

I already send an email but mayby somebody else has the same problem.
The tag doesn’t show where I put it and the “read more” only apears as 3 points between the brackets.
http://www.yourheadmatters.com/test/category/blog/
At the back it looks like this.
http://www.yourheadmatters.com/test/wp-admin/post.php?post=2105&action=edit

Hello @EppoLeemburg,

Looks like you have already resolved your issue, can you please confirm that?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Somebody was trying to help me. Maybe you saw the read more but it wasn’t a link. So it’s not resolved yet.
I’ve downloaded a plugin and i have to find out how to use it.
But it’s strange that the theme has all the options but that the option doesn’t work. So I think that it has to be changed in the theme itself instead of me fixing around it don’t you think?

Okay, according to this WordPress Codex article you can easily change it back to Read More by adding the following code to the functions.php file of your child theme, or you can easily add it with a plugin like Code Snippets.

function new_excerpt_more($more) {
    global $post;
    return '<a class="moretag" href="'. get_permalink($post->ID) . '"> Read More</a>';
}
add_filter('excerpt_more', 'new_excerpt_more');

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman
Could you please help me solve this issue in my wordpress, the read more tag used to work before I installed the Sydney’s child theme. By the way, I am totally new to these stuffs of websites,blogs, etc…, and I do not even kno how nor where to add codes. I did tried via youtube’s tutorial both of your ways mentioned above but, still nothing. Thank you in advanced

Hello Chack,

Please create a new topic for your question in order to make it easier to help you and to keep forum in good order. Also please include a link to your website.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Roman, thank You for help - everything is now fine
the problem was that “[…]” didn’t appear when I was using tag “--------more-------” in post pasted manually. When I just leave post without this more tag, depending just on number of words settings for excerpt, everything is OK.
regards
Marek

You are welcome Marek! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.