"Read More" on Home for Pages not Posts

Hello. Similar to dott-matteo-tortello’s “Read more link” query. I’m looking to add Read More functionality to the Home Page that I’m creating for my aunt: https://sandbox.victoriariskin.com/

She has a very nice blurb that we want to highlight, but it’s quite lengthy. I added the Advanced Excerpt plug-in to try to address, but either I’m not employing it correctly, or it’s not the correct solution for this. Perhaps there is some CSS code that could help? Adding the [Insert Read More tag (^\T)] aka seems to have no effect.

Thank you

Hello there,

In page builder you could insert a CTA widget (Sydney FP: Call to action). Enter button’s title and link. And leave empty all other settings.

15%20AM

Place it in your desired location.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you for the prompt reply, Kharis. That’s a possible solution – but I think it would require linking to a cloned Home page with the longer content.

In my ideal scenario, just the first paragraph of the Home page blurb would appear unless and until the user clicks on a “read more” that would then reveal the other 300 or so words.

Is that feasible?

Thank you,

-Walt

Hello Walt,

Thank you for adding for extra more details. To do that scenario, you would use this plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

That worked! Thanks Kharis.

Cheers,

-Walt

You’re welcome Walt!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis