Questions on Slider and "Older Posts"

Hellow - two questions:

1. I added the slider to show my 5 most recent posts. Over the featured image there is one bar that shows the post title, and then there is a second smaller bar underneath in the secondary color. However, the text in the secondary color isn’t readable. It’s light grey or something like that. My core text color is a very dark grey and I don’t see an option to change this particular text color. How can I do that?

2. I changed my settings to only show three most recent posts on first page under the slider section. However, the button that says “older posts” is black with white text which doesn’t match my theme colors. It also isn’t positioned very well. Are there options to minimally change the color scheme and ideally to position the “older posts” button to fit better on the page?

My site is www.thefrontdoorproject.com.

Thank you!!

Hi, there is no such option. Apply custom CSS by plugin provided below or maybe you use some similar.
https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

Apply this code and color of your text will be white.

.slide .entry-meta, .slide .entry-meta a {
  color: #FFFFFF;
}

Your second question is also NO.

Use this custom CSS to change color to blue:

#infinite-handle span {
  background: #2696BF;
  font-weight: bolder;
}

Thanks so much!! Both of these fixes worked
perfectly!!

I also need to work on my header image and I’m wondering how I can add a photo that fills the entire space? Let me know if that is something you can easily answer or what you suggest.

Thanks again - enjoying the theme!

Deb

Well it requires additional changes to template, but this is pretty close:

.site-branding {
  padding: 0;
}

.site-branding a img {
  min-width: 100%;
}

Just set larger image for logo after that.