Projects play video?

I was wondering if it was possible to have a video link play in a lightbox on the Front Page in the Projects section. Or can I only link to photos and have the videos open in a new window?

Thanks, great theme!

I would suggest you use the WP Video Lightbox plugin instead of using Projects widget. You can insert the video lightbox shortcode using a Text widget.

I hope it helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Kharis, thanks for your reply.

I noticed that there was actually an option to include a link in the project which would open the video in a lightbox when the “zoom” icon was clicked. That basically solved my problem…

However, that video displays REALLY small. I was wondering where I would go to change the embed size of that video.

Hello there,

In order to change the default size of the lightbox content, try to do the following steps:

1. Edit the inc/prettyphoto/js/prettyphoto-init.js file
  2. Add these options:

default_width: 700,
default_height: 500,

So the final code will be:

//Pretty photo
jQuery(function($) {
	$("a[rel^='prettyPhoto']").prettyPhoto({
		theme: 'dark_rounded',
		keyboard_shortcuts: true,
		social_tools: false,
		default_width: 700,
		default_height: 500,
	});
});

1. Save changes. Then upload through FTP or file manager of cPanel

Just for information, the changes you have made will be lost once you are performing theme update due to the file will be overwritten. Thus, you have to do this adjustment again.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis,

I tried all that, but unfortunately adding the default_width/height to the .js file didn’t work. Instead, when I click the zoom button, it opens that link in a new window and the lightbox doesn’t work at all.

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

Try to clear you web browser’s cache then reload your site. If your site is being cached by a plugin like W3 Total Cache, you should empty all cache as well to see the code modification takes affect. If it remains the same, please try on other PC/network.

Regards,
Kharis