Projects page template

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to change te second page when clicking on one of the projects at the homepage.

I would like to leave the same image I have on the homepage, but if possible on the second page I would like to change the picture for a slider.

So question is:

• How do I remove the picture on the second page but keep it at homepage?
  • How do I put in a slider in it’s place?

Thank you so much for your help!

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

In order to remove the main featured image, try to install and activate the Simple Custom CSS plugin, then apply the following CSS code.

.single-projects .entry-thumb{
   display: none;
   visibility: hidden;
}

In order to add a slider. You could use “SiteOrigin Slider” widget. Make sure the SiteOrigin Widgets Bundle plugin is activated and the page builder is enabled for the project post type.

Go to Settings > Page Builder > General > Enable “Projects” post type > Save Settings.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis

Adding the pagebuilder worked! Only problem I have now is that when I click on one of the projects on the homepage, the next page says ‘oops, that page can’t be found’. I don’t know why? Any idea how I can fix that? Thank you!

It suddenly started working again! Don’t know why it wasn’t before. I do have another question though… Is there an easy way to get the title of the project to show up when hovering over it? Thanks a lot for your time and help! best wishes

Hello there,

> It suddenly started working again!

Great!

> Is there an easy way to get the title of the project to show up when hovering over it?

I’m afraid it isn’t supported by the theme nor Sydney Portfolio plugin’s core at the moment. You might still have chance to achieve it by customizing the portfolio loop item content which is defined in the main file of Sydney Portfolio plugin.

1. Open “sydney-portfolio” plugin folder > sydney-portfolio.php file

2. Find this code block

3. Replace it with this one

4. Apply the following CSS code through the Simple Custom CSS plugin

.project-item a{
	position: relative;
	width: 100%;
	height: 100%;
	text-align: center;
}

.portfolio-title{
	display: none;
	position: absolute;
	top: 0;
	left: 0;
	width: 100%;
	text-align: center;
	color: #fff;
	z-index: 21;
}

.roll-project .project-item:hover .portfolio-title{
	display: inline-block;
}

Let me know how it works.

P.S. As you are editing the main plugin’s file, you should take it at your own risk. The change you have made will be overridden once the plugin gets updated in the future.

Regards,
Kharis

Yes!! It worked, thanks a lot! So anytime the plugin will be updated I will have to redo the above to make it work again?

Anyway, thanks a lot for your help!

Got another question, it’s about the SiteOrigin slider. Is there a custom css which will make sure the slides won’t be over a certain hight? There’s a lot of difference in it with some photo’s at the moment…

Thanks again! Regards

Hello there,

I would like to apologize in advance for delayed respond.

> Is there a custom css which will make sure the slides won’t be over a certain hight?

I’m afraid using CSS isn’t reliable approach. Try to manually resize your images using image editor application like Photoshop to make them have equal height.

Regards,
Kharis