Project Portfolio Layout Difficulties

Struggling with the project portfolio design. As you can see in link below the buttons I’ve created to go in the portfolio tiled image are too huge, I’ve sized them to be smaller but within the portfolio they come up larger. Ideally I’d like to be able to shrink sufficiently to have all six buttons in one row or two rows with three and three but still would like the buttons to be much smaller. http://aussiebookthreads.sevenlittleaustralians.com/

Hi,

Can you please point out to which links do you refer to? I don’t see any large links below your portfolio. Do you mean by buttons the portfolio elements? Please clarify.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Csaba
Apologies for not being clear, when I say buttons I mean my portfolio images (the circles with words in them). Essentially I can’t get my portfolio images to be smaller nor to be able to manipulate how many per row.

Hi,

The size of the portfolio items you can modify with this Custom CSS:

.roll-project.fullwidth .project-item {
    width: 15% !important;
}

The how many portfolio items to be in one row unfortunately you can’t control by that.

Please add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Csaba
It worked! thank you!!! This has bothered me for days and now it’s working. In fact is shrunk the images sufficiently that all fit on the one link.
One more issue I’d love to fix, can I center the portfolio a little more? add a margin to the left to push the images over?
http://aussiebookthreads.sevenlittleaustralians.com/

Hi,

Please try this Custom CSS instead to make it smaller and to add a bit of margin to the projects:

.roll-project.fullwidth .project-item {
    width: 15% !important;
    margin: 5px !important;
}

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Csaba
Thank you! Worked a charm. So appreciate your help.

Trying something a little different and don’t know if it can be done.
I now have the portolio active on static page and thanks to your help all good. The images then take me to other pages. I’ll call them a menu selection page, like this

If you scroll to the bottom of page you can see what I’m attempting.

All those images previously made in another them I wish to insert into the portfolio layout.
However I don’t want the images from the front page (the blue circle images) and I would love to have the images in this portfolio larger but because I’ve changed the css I’m assuming I could have difficulty?

Can you advise if this can be done and how

Hi,

Sorry, I don’t understand this clearly, can you please post a link to a page where you want to make the portfolio images larger, so maybe I can give you a Custom CSS that will affect only that Portfolio Section ( if that’s what you want to achieve, I may not understood that correctly, so also, please clarify what you want to achieve ).

Best Regards,
Csaba