Project page font

Hi,

I set Japanese font to the menu only for SEO purpose but project page’s font is also affected which I don’t want. Is the following code valid?

.page-template-single-project body {
font-family: ‘Open Sans’, sans-serif !important;
}

Hello,

I set Japanese font to the menu only for SEO purpose but project page’s font is also affected which I don’t want. Is the following code valid?

I’m not sure what exactly is your issue and what you want to achieve, can you please describe it more precisely?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

I’ve been trying to find out for a long time why my site never appears in SERP for my main Japanese keyword. It seems if I use Japanese font, my site shows up in SERP.

However, I like the Astrid default fonts and want to keep them as much as possible so tried to set Japanese font to the menu only which I thought was the easiest solution,

#mainnav ul li {
font-family: “ナウ-GM”;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: 500;
font-size:100%;
src: url(‘https://webfonts.sakura.ne.jp/ab.woff’) format(‘woff’);
font-display: swap;
}
#mainnav ul li {
font-family: “ナウ-GM”;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: 500;
font-size:100%;
src: url(‘https://webfonts.sakura.ne.jp/ab.ttf’) format(‘ttf’);
font-display: swap;
}

I’m not sure that code above is valid but so far my site is ranked in SERP with it. If there is a better solution without that Japanese font, I’d like to use it rather than my menu solution.

Hello,

I’ve been trying to find out for a long time why my site never appears in SERP for my main Japanese keyword. It seems if I use Japanese font, my site shows up in SERP.

I don’t think that the font can be a SEO issue if it has the Japanese language support. Maybe it just wasn’t indexed before you changed the font. You can try to change it back and see if it’s still on SERP.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

You are right. Changing to Japanese font didn’t make any better, my site disappeared from SERP after a couple of days. It’s been driving me crazy. If you have any other advice please let me know.

Hello,

I am not a SEO expert so I do not think that I can help you with that, unfortunately.

But please feel free to ask any other theme-related questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support