Project and Blog Posts Image Size?

Hey aThemes!

I am trying to resize the the images on the Project and on the Latest News widgets via CSS but I can’t.

I looked around and I found this

.project-item.item img {
    height: 250px;
    width: 300px;
}

for the Sydney theme but I can’t seem to get it to work on the Rocked theme.

Can you give a hand? It’s for this website: testesite2.x10.bz

Thanks!

Hi,

For Rocked you can use this Custom CSS to resize the images for your project images ( in owl-carousel ) and blog post thumbnails to that size:

.owl-item img {
    width: 300px !important;
    height: 250px !important;
}

.entry-thumb img {
    width: 300px !important;
    height: 250px !important;
}

The images you use must be that size or the same aspect ratio, otherwise they will get stretched, if you want to force that static size.

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates

Best Regards,
Csaba

Nice! Thanks, Csaba! And the code you sent only applies to thumbnails, right? Can I make it so the thumbnail of the image in the post is a cropped version of it? I.e. blog entry A has a 600x600pixels image called A.jpg. Can I make it so the thumbnail that shows in the ‘projects’ widget in the homepage is a cropped version of A.jpg?

Also, on the ‘Header Area’ can I make it so the tagline (Congreso Internacional Medico Quirurgico show always in two lines no matter the browser resolution?

Thanks and sorry for the question barrage!!

Hi,

Yes, that applies only to thumbnails for posts and for project it’s applied to all owl item images. The cropping can be done only with some custom coding, for that you may need to hire a developer, we can’t help you with that as support ( it’s above the scope of support ). For the title to show in 2 lines you may need to add a <br> tag where you want to break the line.

Best Regards,
Csaba