Problems with slider, cta etc

Hi there,
I have some problems with my site fraro-webdesign.de. In the beginning I had a video instead of a slider in the header section. Then I wanted to change the cta button text, without success. I have cleared the cache with the same result. The old text remained. Then I thought to replace the video with pictures and new text modules. The result now is an overlay of the text modules in the slider. Although I have constantly cleared the cache, the original texts are always shown, both in the text and in the cta button. Where are they hidden or is there a simple way to clear the whole header section?

Hello,

You can try to reinstall the theme after making a site backup.

Also you can create a staging site, here is a relevant tutorial:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

finally I installed an old backup. The main problem of changing the cta button text still exists. If I change and save it in the customizer call-to-action-button area the new value seems to be accepted. But by calling the site the old value is displayed. Any idea?

Rgds, Frankie

Hello Frankie,

finally I installed an old backup

Did you try to reinstall the Sydney theme?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

No, not yet. Would it be enough to update the theme to version 1.58?

I think that should be enough.

No chance. Can I make the change directly? No, I have no child them but I will take care of the change. Is it
possible ??

Hello,

Can I make the change directly?

I’m not sure what change you mean.

No, I have no child them but I will take care of the change. Is it possible ??

I don’t understand this question as well, unfortunately.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

sorry, what I mean is, can I change (overwrite) the cta button text somewhere in the systems without using the customizer function?

Regards, Frankie

Hello Frankie,

can I change (overwrite) the cta button text somewhere in the systems without using the customizer function?

Yes, you can edit the inc/slider.php file. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

thank you, but where do I find the data which I have entered in the customizer section?
Sorry for that, but I am not very familiar with all those things.

Rgds, Frankie

Hello Frankie,

where do I find the data which I have entered in the customizer section?

That data is in your database, the inc/slider.php file just retrieves it.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman,

Thank you very much for your support!

Rgds, Frankie

1 Like

You are welcome Frankie! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support