Problems since updating to 2.18

I have already contacted support and their response was it’s probably a caching problem, but it is NOT.

Here’s what was said:

Hi Rodrigo,

None of that made any difference.

1. I do not want the footer or any other widgets showing on the home page, which is how it was before the update. Now, additionally, the featured image is showing on the page. I don’t want that either, but need to keep the image for sharing the URL to social media. Is there a CSS formula to hide it from displaying?

2. The missing sidebar on the blog page is not the only problem. The display, including the featured images, is much smaller and you can hardly see the images on mobile.

3. NOT a caching issue! It’s still like that.

All in all, given the myriad problems I am experiencing with this update, I would like to revert to the previous version. Can you tell me how to do that please?

Thank you,

Debbie

On 2021-10-07 10:23:50 AM, Support <support@athemes.com> wrote:

Hello Debbie,

First thanks for using our theme!

1. “Firstly, there is a new large grey space with a red border at the bottom of my home page. (FYI, that is the CSS styling I use for blog and other archive pages, plus the sidebars and footers)”
    Seems only the home page is not displaying the footer widgets. Maybe that’s a caching issue, please first go to Appearance > Customize do any change and click to save/publish, then please try clearing your website cache (if you have any cache plugin active), CDN cache (if any) and the browser cache. If the widgets are being shown in the other pages, then the homepage also should show those widgets. If you have some plugin to compress and minify CSS/JS files, pelase also clear the cache/generate the files again.

2. “Next, the sidebar has disappeared from the blog page, although it is enabled and shows on the other archive pages.”
    The same as above

3. “The metadata for single posts lacks a space between the number of comments and categories list: (copied and pasted as it appears)”
    Probably that’s a caching issue too, please try the explained in the question number one.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Website is https://thedogladysden.com
Blog page: The Doglady's Den Blog

If possible, I would like to go back to the previous version of the theme, since there doesn’t seem to be a solution at present. Could you please tell me how to do that? I am using a child theme.

Thank you,
Debbie

Hello Debbie,

First thanks for using our theme and sorry any inconvenience!

I replied for you again trough email, so please kindly check your inbox and let’s proceed from there.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Thanks, I will do that.

Hello Debbie,

I am closing this thread, since we are moving forward through email.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

1 Like